RemedySpot.com

just talking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I've had an interesting couple of weeks...

About 10 days ago, I went to my nutritionist, who supports and coaches me with my IE process. I have not weighed myself since some time in August. I was not sure I'd be able to do the beginning parts of IE if I knew how much I weighed. Well, this last appointment, I was ready to be weighed and to know the number. Not because I thought I'd lost weight or would like the number - I was just ready. I felt the number would have no control over me. The number reflected an 11 pound gain. I was pretty much ok with that - I had figured I gained 6/7 lbs, so not a huge shock to me. What I have noticed is that as time goes by, the worry/obsession about my weight is coming up more often.

I know it is totally normal and expected for me to gain weight while legalizing foods and learning my hunger/full signals - but I am scared at the same time!! I feel great, I'm active and I'm healthy. But there are times when I fall into a funk because I've gained weight. I also feel "big" at times - and look into the mirror and see a chubby 42 yr old woman who still obsesses over food. **sigh**

On the good side, I truly do feel good and generally like my body (when I'm not looking at it!!). I have learned my hunger signals and I know when I'm full. Sometimes I still choose to eat beyond comfortable-full, but not often. My binges are diminishing - they are more like times of overeating than full-out binges. Lots of progress has been made.

That it for now. Just needed to voice these thought!!

Kim

IE since Aug 08

Oh my gosh Kim! can I just say Ditto?

I am there with you 100%. It could have been me writing your post if you just add 3 years to the age. Lets keep going. this is working but I too am frustrated at the weight gain even though I expected it. I REALLY feel in my heart this is the right path.

Melinda

IEing since.... is there any way for me to check and see when i signed up for this group? Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Melinda, I found your join date here by searching the Members List

using your email address. I'm not sure if all members have access to

the Members list - look in the left (purple) column at the IE Support

group site - or if only Moderators can see it. But there you are :)

Katcha

IEing since March 2007

> Melinda

> IEing since....

Aug 29, 2008

? is there any way for me to check and see when i signed up for this

group?

>

You can also use the " Advanced " message search option and search for

messages posted by your yahoo id and go back to the oldest

one...that's how I figured out my start date with the group and how

I find past messages that I want to read again.

Latoya:)

>

> > Melinda

> > IEing since....

>

> Aug 29, 2008

>

> ? is there any way for me to check and see when i signed up for

this

> group?

> >

>

Thanks Melinda!! It's so good to know I am not experiencing this stuff alone!

Kim

IE since Aug 2008

Subject: Re:just talkingTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:15 AM

Oh my gosh Kim! can I just say Ditto? I am there with you 100%. It could have been me writing your post if you just add 3 years to the age. Lets keep going. this is working but I too am frustrated at the weight gain even though I expected it. I REALLY feel in my heart this is the right path.MelindaIEing since.... is there any way for me to check and see when i signed up for this group?

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.