Welcome to the CHAOS!..lol We have Tommy on the diet now on our 9th

day. I wouldnt have been able to do it without the experts here on

the list. Ask ANYTHING.. I bet my computer they will be able to

answer it for yoU!..lol

Rhonda

In New Hampshire

> Hi all!

>

> I just joined so I thought I'd say hi. :)

>

> I am a 29 year old SAHM to , who will be 3 in a couple weeks.

We live

> in Massachusetts.

>

> We knew something was " different " from since the day he was

born and

> wouldn't open his eyes for days! He screamed constantly a baby and

I knew

> something was wrong, though doctors said he was fine. When he was

almost a

> year, he was diagnosed with SID (after I ignored his doctor's

advice and

> called EI). Then at around age 2, he was diagnosed with PDD-NOS.

He's been

> seeing EI and Building Blocks for therapy for many months now, and

is

> thriving with it! He also goes to EI Group and loves seeing all

the other

> kids there, although he doesn't really play " with " them yet.

>

> At 's last assessment which was just recently, he is only

about 4 - 6

> months behind! He had started therapy VERY developmentally delayed

(and was

> doing strange things like spinning), but he has really caught up

since! I

> can still tell that he isn't quite all caught up yet though,

because when I

> see other 3 year olds they are much more " with it " than is.

So we

> still have some work to do, but is really doing great. :)

>

> I haven't officially started this diet yet with , because I am

veryyyy

> confused about it. But someone on another list I am on (actually I

> recognize a few of you already. LOL!) told me that maybe 's

eating

> habits would improve if I tried this diet. 's eating habits

are

> HORRIBLE. He will eat only dry cereal, breads, any junk food,

milk, orange

> juice, that's really about all that he'll consistently eat. He will

> occassionally eat a couple tiny pieces of meat or hot dog, a

banana, some

> turkey sandwich meat, and cheese, but not always. Anyway, that is

all he

> will eat. Nothing else. He won't even try anything else. So he

doesn't

> get any fruits or veggies, and he seems to just carbo-load most of

the time!

>

> Well, this could get long so I'll wrap it up. I look forward to

getting to

> know you all, and to trying to figure out this diet! :) I'll

probably have

> tons of questions for you all, so please be patient with me! LOL!

>

>

> Mommy to (8/20/97, PDD-NOS, SID)

> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/2654/

Guest guest

my son, carter, 3.11 years now, would not eat a thing--other than to drink

milk or eat mac and cheese---since going on the diet 4 weeks ago he has a

healthy appetite. Tonight for the first time he ate cooked carrots and asked

for 3 additional helpings...it is amazing! Although he has so much less to

choose from, is interested in so much more....he actually asks to eat

and will tell us he is hungry...that has never happened before in his life.

Good Luck!

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the list. Where in Mass are you? We are in Peabody.

Phyllis

YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!

Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

• 1 month later...

In a message dated 9/7/00 5:36:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

vitalady@... writes:

<< And Dan, is probably eyeball to eyeball with YOU. We grow 'em

really tall in these parts. >>

Except for you, ! BAWAHAHAHA

And Welcome to our Washington State Dan/! My only question is how will

we be able to tell them apart (without looking at the " From: " line)??

Wash-Dan didn't say enough to get a feel for him. But if knows him,

he must like cats. Ah, that's it! hehehe

In Charlottesville, VA

Welcome ,

Do you like cats??????

Carolyn

new here

>Hi all!

>

>just joined this group.

>

>My name is Dan, am from Washington state.

>

>had a RNY gastric bypass on 12/22/98 by Dr Weber.

>

>starting weight 435lbs

>

>current 220lbs.

>

>

>Am looking foward to this group :)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>>>>>>> Welcome ,

> Do you like cats??????<<<<<<

>

>

Now THAT is a leading question! It'll depend on how long he's been lurking

here!

Thanks,

www.vitalady.com

new here

>

>

> >Hi all!

> >

> >just joined this group.

> >

> >My name is Dan, am from Washington state.

> >

> >had a RNY gastric bypass on 12/22/98 by Dr Weber.

> >

> >starting weight 435lbs

> >

> >current 220lbs.

> >

> >

> >Am looking foward to this group :)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

welcome Dan & congrats

on your successful loss!

Trish

>Hi all!

>

>just joined this group.

>

>My name is Dan, am from Washington state.

>

>had a RNY gastric bypass on 12/22/98 by Dr Weber.

>

>starting weight 435lbs

>

>current 220lbs.

>

>

>Am looking foward to this group :)

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 8 years later...

Welcome Dayna so glad to have you with us. Eva

Hi Dayna

Welcome to the group! I am , and I also stay at home and homeschool, 2 little ones. I started Intuitive Eating, because I got so tired of food being the enemy. I am a size 12 right now, and if Im never a size 6 or anything else for that matter, I am happy. God and my husband like me just the way I am. I hope you found the group helpful.

New here

Hi everyone! My name is Dayna. I am 38y/o married to a wonderful husband and am a stay at home/ homeschooling mom to five little ones. It's only been recently that I have really had a struggle with food. Since the birth of my last child 2 years ago, I went from a size 12 down to a size 1 (within 6 months) and now, thanks to binging, am back close to where I started. And now it seems that the harder I try to lose the weight again, the more I end up gaining...ugh... I have now read Intuitive Eating 3 times and think that it really makes sense. I watch my toddlers eating habits and realize how he naturally eats intuitively and is extrememly healthy. (And far from overweight..;) ) I tried ie and had no desire to binge for 6 whole weeks!!! Unfortunately, I started weighing myself. I actually was proud of myself in that I maintained my weight for an entire month. But then the desire to start making that number lower started and I gradually found myself watching what I ate. First I was only going to watch to make sure that I got the proper food groups in my diet, and then somehow numbers started getting attached to all the food I was eating and the next thing I knew I was counting/restricting calories. I lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, but ended up crashing and burning and the binge monster reared it's ugly head again. Sigh...I am now 1 week into starting ie again. I have been reading over past posts and found so many that I could have written myself. Glad to have found this group and hoping that with this support we can all be successful!!! God Bless,Dayna:)

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!

Hi Dayna

Welcome to the group! I am , and I also stay at home and homeschool, 2 little ones. I started Intuitive Eating, because I got so tired of food being the enemy. I am a size 12 right now, and if Im never a size 6 or anything else for that matter, I am happy. God and my husband like me just the way I am. I hope you found the group helpful.

New here

Hi everyone! My name is Dayna. I am 38y/o married to a wonderful husband and am a stay at home/ homeschooling mom to five little ones. It's only been recently that I have really had a struggle with food. Since the birth of my last child 2 years ago, I went from a size 12 down to a size 1 (within 6 months) and now, thanks to binging, am back close to where I started. And now it seems that the harder I try to lose the weight again, the more I end up gaining...ugh... I have now read Intuitive Eating 3 times and think that it really makes sense. I watch my toddlers eating habits and realize how he naturally eats intuitively and is extrememly healthy. (And far from overweight..;) ) I tried ie and had no desire to binge for 6 whole weeks!!! Unfortunately, I started weighing myself. I actually was proud of myself in that I maintained my weight for an entire month. But then the desire to start making that number lower started and I gradually found myself watching what I ate. First I was only going to watch to make sure that I got the proper food groups in my diet, and then somehow numbers started getting attached to all the food I was eating and the next thing I knew I was counting/restricting calories. I lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, but ended up crashing and burning and the binge monster reared it's ugly head again. Sigh...I am now 1 week into starting ie again. I have been reading over past posts and found so many that I could have written myself. Glad to have found this group and hoping that with this support we can all be successful!!! God Bless,Dayna:)

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now

Thank you Eva and . I hope to someday reach the point where I am happy with my size no matter what it is. I too am tired of food being the enemy and am hoping to make peace with food soon!!!

God Bless,

Dayna:)

To: IntuitiveEating_Support From: eidwriter@...Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:48:49 -0400Subject: Re: New here

Welcome Dayna so glad to have you with us. Eva

In a message dated 10/30/2008 9:21:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time, charles.wesleycomcast (DOT) net writes:

Hi Dayna

New here

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today

Hi Dayna!

I'm glad you are here, and have come back to IE!

Bonnie

To: intuitiveeating_support Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:13:14 PMSubject: New here

Hi everyone! My name is Dayna. I am 38y/o married to a wonderful husband and am a stay at home/ homeschooling mom to five little ones. It's only been recently that I have really had a struggle with food. Since the birth of my last child 2 years ago, I went from a size 12 down to a size 1 (within 6 months) and now, thanks to binging, am back close to where I started. And now it seems that the harder I try to lose the weight again, the more I end up gaining...ugh. .. I have now read Intuitive Eating 3 times and think that it really makes sense. I watch my toddlers eating habits and realize how he naturally eats intuitively and is extrememly healthy. (And far from overweight.. ;) ) I tried ie and had no desire to binge for 6 whole weeks!!! Unfortunately, I started weighing myself. I actually was proud of myself in that I maintained my weight for an entire month. But then the desire to start making that number lower

started and I gradually found myself watching what I ate. First I was only going to watch to make sure that I got the proper food groups in my diet, and then somehow numbers started getting attached to all the food I was eating and the next thing I knew I was counting/restrictin g calories. I lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, but ended up crashing and burning and the binge monster reared it's ugly head again. Sigh...I am now 1 week into starting ie again. I have been reading over past posts and found so many that I could have written myself. Glad to have found this group and hoping that with this support we can all be successful!! ! God Bless,Dayna:)

Thank you Bonnie!

God Bless,

Dayna

IE since 09/08

To: IntuitiveEating_Support From: intuitiveeater.intraining@...Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 10:58:20 -0700Subject: Re: New here

Hi Dayna!

I'm glad you are here, and have come back to IE!

Bonnie

From: Dayna P <aaamammahotmail>To: intuitiveeating_support Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:13:14 PMSubject: New here

Hi everyone! My name is Dayna. I am 38y/o married to a wonderful husband and am a stay at home/ homeschooling mom to five little ones. It's only been recently that I have really had a struggle with food. Since the birth of my last child 2 years ago, I went from a size 12 down to a size 1 (within 6 months) and now, thanks to binging, am back close to where I started. And now it seems that the harder I try to lose the weight again, the more I end up gaining...ugh. .. I have now read Intuitive Eating 3 times and think that it really makes sense. I watch my toddlers eating habits and realize how he naturally eats intuitively and is extrememly healthy. (And far from overweight.. ;) ) I tried ie and had no desire to binge for 6 whole weeks!!! Unfortunately, I started weighing myself. I actually was proud of myself in that I maintained my weight for an entire month. But then the desire to start making that number lower started and I gradually found myself watching what I ate. First I was only going to watch to make sure that I got the proper food groups in my diet, and then somehow numbers started getting attached to all the food I was eating and the next thing I knew I was counting/restrictin g calories. I lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, but ended up crashing and burning and the binge monster reared it's ugly head again. Sigh...I am now 1 week into starting ie again. I have been reading over past posts and found so many that I could have written myself. Glad to have found this group and hoping that with this support we can all be successful!! ! God Bless,Dayna:)

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today

Marjorie welcome to the group you will find many wise and supportive people here thank you for sharing your story with us. Eva

Hello All,

I am Marjorie, new here, and been struggling with dealing with many feelings lately. This brought me to a place that made me see my eating disorder from 20-30 years ago was back and doing a great job of letting me stuff my feelings way, way, down. I used to control my eating, (i couldn't be thin enough!!!) because that was the only control I had in my life in my 20's and 30's. Now I know I have BED (Binge Eating Disorder) as I have seen all the symptoms change into this, even though the feelings are so similar.

I have to say I have been doing this for about 2 years, as my husband entered graduate school, had a change in careers, (adult) children/ family issues and through it all, I am bound and determine to keep things in the house running smoothly and perfectly. And the times I do see my (biological)family, 30 to 60 days before i have been dieting/exercising and look FAB!!!! only to get home from the trip and binge and get depressed... I blamed it on peri-menopause (good try)

I have been reading IE and trying to see my signals, cut out laxatives, and let go of my dieting and "bad food" labels... It makes sense, I am not there.... I need to be patient with myself.

I think the hardest thing I have had to do is tell my husband (of 9 years). He is a great person who just pleads with me to "see myself through his eyes".... I can never hear a compliment, no less hear "You are OK". I really want to get right with my feelings. I have the courage right now to walk forward with this. I am really uncomfortable with voicing, but, I cannot keep the secret anymore-

and you think after 18 years in a 12 step program, many counseling sessions through the years, being a Dietitian and counseling others.... This wouldn't happen to me. 16 months ago I became a pastor's wife... and have made a sick internal promise to keep everyting smooth and perfect.... not good.

Thank you for letting me share, Marjorie

Hello All,

I am Marjorie, new here, and been struggling with dealing with many feelings lately. This brought me to a place that made me see my eating disorder from 20-30 years ago was back and doing a great job of letting me stuff my feelings way, way, down. I used to control my eating, (i couldn't be thin enough!!!) because that was the only control I had in my life in my 20's and 30's. Now I know I have BED (Binge Eating Disorder) as I have seen all the symptoms change into this, even though the feelings are so similar.

I have to say I have been doing this for about 2 years, as my husband entered graduate school, had a change in careers, (adult) children/ family issues and through it all, I am bound and determine to keep things in the house running smoothly and perfectly. And the times I do see my (biological)family, 30 to 60 days before i have been dieting/exercising and look FAB!!!! only to get home from the trip and binge and get depressed... I blamed it on peri-menopause (good try)

I have been reading IE and trying to see my signals, cut out laxatives, and let go of my dieting and "bad food" labels... It makes sense, I am not there.... I need to be patient with myself.

I think the hardest thing I have had to do is tell my husband (of 9 years). He is a great person who just pleads with me to "see myself through his eyes".... I can never hear a compliment, no less hear "You are OK". I really want to get right with my feelings. I have the courage right now to walk forward with this. I am really uncomfortable with voicing, but, I cannot keep the secret anymore-

and you think after 18 years in a 12 step program, many counseling sessions through the years, being a Dietitian and counseling others.... This wouldn't happen to me. 16 months ago I became a pastor's wife... and have made a sick internal promise to keep everyting smooth and perfect.... not good.

Marjorie-

Welcome to the group. I think you'll find lots of support here.

God Bless,

Dayna:)

To: IntuitiveEating_Support From: fdpyramid@...Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:25:55 -0800Subject: new here

Hello All,

Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it