RemedySpot.com

Re: Panicking about gaining weight....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Meg,

Yup, I've been a "tree"person for so long...I had to really look at the forest when I started to gain a little weight. I def panicked!! Hearing your take on the weight gain certainly puts it all in perspective!! LOL! Thanx for the reminder of why we are doing this :)

Kim

IE since Aug 08

Subject: Panicking about gaining weight....To: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 2:23 PM

I've been reading all the "panic" emails about gaining a bit of weight when starting IE. Panic about making a life changing decision, feeling your feelings, possibly for the first time that may prompt you to make alterations within your life, family and friends, facing realities that you have supressed since childhood, yes, ok, I can understand panic about these things because it is scary. But panicking about a little weight gain, just doesn't seem like you guys are seeing the bigger picture. Or maybe, you are seeing the bigger picture and consolidating these scary things into "weight gain" to avoid starting the journey. Not suprisingly, it is difficult to see the forest for the trees, when it is the trees that we've been so fixated on for so long.JMO,:)MegIE Since Feb '08

thank you Meg! I needed to hear that from somebody today!

:)

Bonnie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:23:48 PMSubject: Panicking about gaining weight....

I've been reading all the "panic" emails about gaining a bit of weight when starting IE. Panic about making a life changing decision, feeling your feelings, possibly for the first time that may prompt you to make alterations within your life, family and friends, facing realities that you have supressed since childhood, yes, ok, I can understand panic about these things because it is scary. But panicking about a little weight gain, just doesn't seem like you guys are seeing the bigger picture. Or maybe, you are seeing the bigger picture and consolidating these scary things into "weight gain" to avoid starting the journey. Not suprisingly, it is difficult to see the forest for the trees, when it is the trees that we've been so fixated on for so long.JMO,:)MegIE Since Feb '08