RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: Another Question...(sorry for all the newbie questions!)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The best way to know for sure whether you're reacting to yogurt or not is to stop eating it for a week and see if your symptoms improve. If nothing changes, then you can start looking at other possibilities. But it sounds like you're in the beginning stages of SCD, so you'll find your body reacting to a lot of legals just because you still have a lot of healing to get through. During the first year on SCD you'll find that you just have to find the foods and supplements that cause the least amount of reaction, not so much those things that cause no reactions. After a while you can try adding a "new" food and find your body handles it better.

Keeping a food and supplement log will help during the first few months on SCD; makes it a bit easier to know what to start testing first.

It took me about 3 months to work out my core group of foods, another 2 months to figure out my basic supplements. Then I stayed with this group of foods for about a year before I tried something "new" without serious reaction. As the years have gone by my body recovers faster whenever I try something new.

It does get better and easier!

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

How do I know if I am not tolerating the yogurt if my colitis isalready in a flare? After I had that stomach flu it threw my UC into aflare up but not a bad one, one episode of D in the morning with alittle blood, that was without the yogurt, I started taking 2tablespoons of the yogurt (which I made from cows milk) on Saturdayevening. Im fine right after I eat it, every morning I have beenhaving 1-2 episodes of D sometimes with urgency and with some blood.Is there any way I can tell if the yogurt is giving me problems or ifits the colitis itself? Thanks!