RemedySpot.com

Re: scd and budget- you can do it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've only just begun figuring it out...but to me it appears that the cost for groceries would be the same or less. 1. You are not eating out at resturants( maybe later). Why take the risk. 2. You are not buying all the packages foods. 3. I have been more satisfied with scd foods, and haven't been eating as big as portions that I normally have...though growing kids may eat more. 4. Stock up on cheap meat, that is the most expensive food, whether you are on scd or not 5. It is alot cheaper if the whole household is on scd. Right now of the 6 people, i am the only one on the scd...so I still need to buy illegals. 6. like someone mentioned earlier.....you actually use the fresh produce before it goes bad...less waste!!! I cook now, so that there isn't as many leftovers to waste either. 7. and although my grocery bill was 50 dollars a week for the preivious year....grocery prices have gone up now...that 50 dollars a week consisted of mac and cheese, hot dogs...lunch meat...sweets, frozen pizzas.....I'd rather find a way to spend 100 dollars a week to have zucchini, carrots, apples, spinich, things that I know are going to heal my body.... 8. If I get better, I know i will save about 50 dollars a month on medicine if I can reduce that, not to mention, dr bills, and blood tests..etc... 9. Perhaps look into land share to grow vegtables, or like some, buy them on clearance in bulk and freeze. ( bruised tomatoes and fruits) 10. You have nothing to lose by trying it for 3 months...meanwhile coming up with a budget to see how it goes. Sandy scd almost 2 months uc since 2004 weaned to pred 10! wish me luck....imuran, and asacol

also "Wizop Marilyn L. Alm" wrote: At 10:57 AM 1/18/2008, you wrote: Does anyone have any thoughts on how to help someone with a child with Aspberger's Sydrome and the SCdiet, as they are on a very tight income and find this diet impossible financially speaking, when they look at it... anyone out there that can be of support? I would love to find a way to help my friend....Fact: meat and vegetables cost more than junk food.Fact:

SCD does not require all organic foods, nor does one have to buy everything from a health food store. Some people find it useful, but as long as you wash ordinary veggies well, and get minimally processed meats (ie, without junkie injected fluids), you'll be OK.Fact: if they've been casein free, they won't need to worry about a yogurt maker, goat's milk, or yogurt starter at the beginning. The usual recommendation is to wait 3-6 months before introducing goat yogurt.Fact: if they are no longer buying all the expensive gluten-free and casein-free processed foods which make GFCF so convenient, they may have money for real food.What do they usually eat? (I probably don't want to know, but I'm asking anyway.) This crew is very adept at making substitutions. — Marilyn New Orleans,

Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.