RemedySpot.com

Re: Need suggestions. Traveling over-seas!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jodi, I travel for 17 hours one way and I always bring chicken salad with grapes or baked chicken, salad with dressing in a seperate container, souffle bread with cheese. I take peppermint tea bags. I also take almond flower baked goods that you con't seem to tolerate yet. I use blue ice and they have never taken it but they have taken the frozen ice pack bags. I put dripped yogurt in my suitcase. Ahead of when you get there maybe someonce can buy bananas so they will be ripe when you get there. There are always places to buy veggies and meat. Just some ideas, I hope you get to go. Katy

_____________________________________________________________Click for free info on java training and make up to $150K/ year.

HI Jodi, I have been on the diet for the 5 1/2 months and my experience is very close to what you described in your email! I feel great and finally able to do things that I love to do. In reference ot the internatioanal travel, I have to travel for work to Europe ( 8 hoours flights). Usually I eat right before departure time. I pack home made food that I can easily digest and eat it just before departure. In the beginnig of the diet I used to carry with me on the plane farmer's cheese and boiled eggs. I also snack on bananas, pecans and cheese ( older then 1 year). I do not eat anything in the airport except mint tea!!! I hope this helps. A.jodah235 wrote: Recently, my grandma had a very serious fall. I really want to govisit her and see her, she is in Israel which makes it a very longflight and a challenging production. I have been on SCD now for 3months and it is amazing how much I feel better. I have beensuffering for 17 years, diagnosed with CD for 10. After 1 month on SCD%90 of my constant pain in my small intestine that felt like I was ina vice is now gone. I cannot express how this has renewed my hope andI feel that SCD is a gift, a true gift. That is why I don't reallyfind it hard being on the diet. Maybe I am just so desperate. It hasbeen amazing for me just to be able to think

about actually doingthings with my life now and the hope to really follow through and notquit everything I start.SCD has actually provided me with being able to seriously considertraveling to be with my grandma for 10 days.I was wondering if anyone can make suggestions as to things I shouldbring from here or if anyone has any comments, suggestions,experiences or just guidance as to what to look out for- pitfallswhile traveling or really anything you think of?I cannot eat nuts or dried fruit yet..coconut is a serious no no for me and so are many cheeses, seeds.Maybe I can try banana chips?Also, food for the plane... it's about 10+ hours.Thank you all,This place is an incredible resource, a real community!Jodi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.