RemedySpot.com

Re: Mirror Problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

S -

I have had similar moments. What helps me is this: I tell my self as I am looking in the mirror that this is what a body in recovery looks like. Since recovery is a very positive thing I am doing, I am able to judge my body less harshly as I go through the process of IE. Also, wear only clothes and colors that you feel great in.

How we view ourselves is so subjective...someone else may see you and think you look lovely. Please remember, we are so much more that our bodies. Fixating on our body is a way to keep ourselves from seeing what is really going on in our heads...depression, stress, confusion, etc.

I hope this helps...be gentle with yourself, S!! And as always, the delete key is easy to reach if this does not seem helpful :)

Kim

IE since Aug 08

Subject: Mirror ProblemTo: "Intuitive Eating" <IntuitiveEating_Support >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 5:22 AM

I just came back from getting my hair cut and saw myself in the mirror.It's so different viewing myself in a sitting position. I was horrified.I looked awful. And the worst part: about three months ago I didn't lookthat awful sitting in a chair.This experience is causing me quite a lot of stress right now. It's hardto distract myself from beating myself up. My thoughts keep wanderingback and it's almost impossible to silence the "must... diet... must...diet... must... diet"-mantra in my brain.How do you all deal with situations like that? )Looking at yourself inthe mirror and just wanting to throw up.)It's horrible how much of a difference a few lbs can make. I didn't lookthat awful three months before. :-(s.

Kim wrote:

> I have had similar moments. What helps me is this: I tell my self as I am

> looking in the mirror that this is what a body in recovery looks like.

> Since recovery is a very positive thing I am doing, I am able to judge my

> body less harshly as I go through the process of IE.

I hope this helps. Sounds like a good idea.

> And as always, the delete key is easy to reach

> if this does not seem helpful :)

The " body in recovery " was indeed helpful. Thank you!

Regards

s.