while always steering her towards only eating it when " we " are hungry

But also remaining in a lOVING frame of mind and not SHAMING SWC if

she does " feel " us into a binge.

4.(Changed this one a little for me)Calming my Darling Gentle

Nutrition Girl when she gets scared and wants to return to " diet

land " . I tell her thanks for the information..but I have it under

control. She can still slip one by me for a while but then I see and

gently help here let it go. One thing I totally don't allow DGNG to

do is project any Shame on SWC...no matter what she has eaten.

5. Respect Your Fullness Listen for the body signals that tell you

that you are no longer hungry. Observe the signs that show that

you're comfortably full. Pause in the middle of a meal or food and

ask yourself how the food tastes, and what is your current fullness

level? (This is probably the one where we are still doing the most

work.)

6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor (I remind myself

constantly....If this is one of your favorite foods you might want to

SLOW DOWN and enjoy it a little more.LOL I still letting go of my

speed eating degree)

7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food This is why I listen to

the " Inside Out Weightloss " Podcasts. They are helping me heal my

inside from the ravages of hating myself for so many years.

8. Respect Your Body Accept your genetic blueprint. (I have been

tiny for that last 3 years while I was doing a weighed and measured

program I may acheive that again but then I may not. I'm 55 and real

tiny may not look as good on me now.)

9. Exercise-- I love exercise...use to be an exercise addict...but

now even consider stretching exercise. LOL

10 Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition Make food choices that honor

your health and tastebuds while making you feel well. (guess this is

why I'm making friends with all part of me. My Sweet Wild Child and

my Darling Gentle Nutrition Girl. I need all there input I just need

to be the leader.

*******I learned about Sweet Wild Child and Darling Gentle Nutrition

Girl from the book " the Four Day win "

Thank you for this post - You have inspired me to think about where I am on the principles/journey of IE as well...I will post my discoveries soon!!

Kim

IE since Aug 08

Subject: "Me" and The 10 principles of IETo: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 7:20 AM

I am mostly in principle 10 but I find myself dealing with moments (or minutes or hours LOL) in the others too. Just thought it might be fun to think and share about it.1. Reject the Diet Mentality (I still find myself here but only for very short durations where as before... for most of my life I lived here)2. Honor MY Hunger My dance with hunger at this point in my journey/adventure is not being afraid to be a little hungry...but also not being afraid to eat a little something to tide me over until meal time.3. Make Peace with Food It's important for me to Give myself unconditional permission to eat whatever my Sweet Wild Child wants, while always steering her towards only eating it when "we" are hungry But also remaining in a lOVING frame of mind and not SHAMING SWC if she does "feel" us into a binge. 4.(Changed this one a little for me)Calming my Darling Gentle

Nutrition Girl when she gets scared and wants to return to "diet land". I tell her thanks for the information. .but I have it under control. She can still slip one by me for a while but then I see and gently help here let it go. One thing I totally don't allow DGNG to do is project any Shame on SWC...no matter what she has eaten.5. Respect Your Fullness Listen for the body signals that tell you that you are no longer hungry. Observe the signs that show that you're comfortably full. Pause in the middle of a meal or food and ask yourself how the food tastes, and what is your current fullness level? (This is probably the one where we are still doing the most work.)6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor (I remind myself constantly.. ..If this is one of your favorite foods you might want to SLOW DOWN and enjoy it a little more.LOL I still letting go of my speed eating degree)7. Honor

Your Feelings Without Using Food This is why I listen to the "Inside Out Weightloss" Podcasts. They are helping me heal my inside from the ravages of hating myself for so many years.8. Respect Your Body Accept your genetic blueprint. (I have been tiny for that last 3 years while I was doing a weighed and measured program I may acheive that again but then I may not. I'm 55 and real tiny may not look as good on me now.)9. Exercise-- I love exercise...use to be an exercise addict...but now even consider stretching exercise. LOL10 Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition Make food choices that honor your health and tastebuds while making you feel well. (guess this is why I'm making friends with all part of me. My Sweet Wild Child and my Darling Gentle Nutrition Girl. I need all there input I just need to be the leader.*******I learned about Sweet Wild Child and Darling Gentle Nutrition

Girl from the book "the Four Day win"

Ok, here's my progress on these principles!

1. Reject the Diet Mentality: I have come along way with this. For the most part, I don't have guilt about what and when I eat. Occassionally a "diet" thought around food will come up, but I can easily brush it aside.

2. Honor My Hunger: Well, I definitely recognize my hunger and eat when I'm hungry. But, I also will eat when I'm not hungry. I'm aware I do this, and I'll keep practicing this principle the best I can.

3.Make Peace With Food: I have come a long way with this principle! Practicing this principle has made the biggest difference for me. I have legalized all sorts of foods. The food thoughts in my head are so much less. And when the "buzz" starts up, I'm much more able to shut them off. I have significantly less guilt and "bad" thoughts about what I eat. This isa very freeing principle for me.

4. Reject the Diet Police: Oh, yeah, I have been able to this. This goes hand in hand with making peace with food. So much recovery for me here with this principle. When I do catch a diet thought or behavior, I can change right away. Awareness is so key!

5. Respect Your Fullness: I'm still working on this one. I have a hard time telling when I'm full. I get confused between "not hungry" and "full". I still get scared when I feel full (not stuffed, just full). I have a little ways to go on this one.

6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor: Yup, I got this one down. Truly enjoying my food helps me feel satisfied and nourished. I have learned to slow down when I eat, and not to eat with guilt. This is wonderful!

7. Honoring Feelings Without Using Food: I've made progress, but still have some work to do. I think the emotional eating is why I will still eat even though I'm not hungry. Getting there, though!

8. Respect Your Body: I'm doing well with this principle. Most of time I feel comfortable in my body. I like my shape (most days!). I'm really getting it that recovery happens in my head! Being thin is not necessarily recovery. I can live with my body as it is right now forever (most days!).

9. Exercise: I love to move! I walk to and from work nearly everyday. I no longer think of exercise as away to diet or "make up" for something I ate. I just enjoy walking and some occassional yoga. It really helps me clear my head and keep my mood positive.

10. Honor Your Health, Gentle Nutrition: Not here yet. Getting close, but I have to finish legalizing food and be able to honor my hunger more consistently. I'm not far off though!

Subject: "Me" and The 10 principles of IETo: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 7:20 AM

I am mostly in principle 10 but I find myself dealing with moments (or minutes or hours LOL) in the others too. Just thought it might be fun to think and share about it.1. Reject the Diet Mentality (I still find myself here but only for very short durations where as before... for most of my life I lived here)2. Honor MY Hunger My dance with hunger at this point in my journey/adventure is not being afraid to be a little hungry...but also not being afraid to eat a little something to tide me over until meal time.3. Make Peace with Food It's important for me to Give myself unconditional permission to eat whatever my Sweet Wild Child wants, while always steering her towards only eating it when "we" are hungry But also remaining in a lOVING frame of mind and not SHAMING SWC if she does "feel" us into a binge. 4.(Changed this one a little for me)Calming my Darling Gentle

Nutrition Girl when she gets scared and wants to return to "diet land". I tell her thanks for the information. .but I have it under control. She can still slip one by me for a while but then I see and gently help here let it go. One thing I totally don't allow DGNG to do is project any Shame on SWC...no matter what she has eaten.5. Respect Your Fullness Listen for the body signals that tell you that you are no longer hungry. Observe the signs that show that you're comfortably full. Pause in the middle of a meal or food and ask yourself how the food tastes, and what is your current fullness level? (This is probably the one where we are still doing the most work.)6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor (I remind myself constantly.. ..If this is one of your favorite foods you might want to SLOW DOWN and enjoy it a little more.LOL I still letting go of my speed eating degree)7. Honor

Your Feelings Without Using Food This is why I listen to the "Inside Out Weightloss" Podcasts. They are helping me heal my inside from the ravages of hating myself for so many years.8. Respect Your Body Accept your genetic blueprint. (I have been tiny for that last 3 years while I was doing a weighed and measured program I may acheive that again but then I may not. I'm 55 and real tiny may not look as good on me now.)9. Exercise-- I love exercise...use to be an exercise addict...but now even consider stretching exercise. LOL10 Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition Make food choices that honor your health and tastebuds while making you feel well. (guess this is why I'm making friends with all part of me. My Sweet Wild Child and my Darling Gentle Nutrition Girl. I need all there input I just need to be the leader.*******I learned about Sweet Wild Child and Darling Gentle Nutrition

Girl from the book "the Four Day win"