RemedySpot.com

Legalizing Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm currently reading the Overcoming Overeating book. It has a lot of the same info as Intuitive Eating but is presented in a different way. I read the chapter about legalizing food on Saturday and something clicked! Most of you know about my recent struggles with legalizing chips. Well this book says to buy a lot of whatever food you are legalizing and then restock when your supplies get low. I've been missing the restock part! I've been trying to legalize by buying a bunch of chips and then after they are gone waiting a day or two and then going and buying more. I need to buy more before they are all gone just so I know they will always be there to eat! So yesterday I went to a bulk foods store and bought a great big bag of snack mix which I love. And at the grocery store

I bought 2 bags of Doritos. When the snack mix gets 1/2 gone I am going to go get more and when 1 bag of Doritos is gone I am going to go buy more. It was a relief to have them in the house last night! And it was way more than I could eat in one evening so I didn't feel compelled to eat it all just so it would be gone.

I totally recommend the Overcoming Overeating book. The funny thing is that I bought it from Amazon when I bought Intuitive Eating over 2 years ago! I got a deal when I bought them both. But for some reason I've never read this one...I think because it's just a plain boring looking paperback book. I've gotten a lot of useful information out of it though and I'm planning to order their other book When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies.

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!