RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: An Interesting Discovery...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Very interesting discovery ! I was actually thinking something similar the other day. I don't think I ever was an intuitive eater either. I was always overweight as a kid. My mother runs on a schedule so I'm sure she had me taking bottles by the clock by the time I was a week old! She wouldn't have waited until I was hungry....if it's 8 you get your bottle kid. And she also can't stand it when people are cranky and ALWAYS says you must be hungry and gets out food. So I'm sure she would give me a bottle if I was fussing as a baby. She is always getting out food when my nieces are at her place...."they were fighting but I got out some cookies/chips...etc and then they were fine."

It was a big relief to realize that I probably never was an intuitive eater....I feel like it explains why it is taking me so long to become an intuitive eater. Unfortunately, my mother isn't quite so understanding as yours. She would be hurt if I asked her about how she fed me as a baby...she's take it personally and that I thought she did something wrong. I can't imagine what my mother would say if she knew I ripped my pants!!

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Subject: Re: An Interesting Discovery...To: IntuitiveEating_Support Received: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 11:20 PM

,It's so awesome that you can talk with your mom about your process, feel supported, and get some insight into your own personal conditioning. :) There are pictures of me at 3 months old and although I was adorable, my little body was rolls of fat. My mother had me at the age of 14, so no telling what she was eating. I had never thought about this until your message, but knowing my family, I'm sure that I was also given a bottle or food to calm me even if I wasn't hungry. True hunger isn't usually the reason we eat in my family. At 4 years old, I started sneaking food at night when my mom had to leave me for 4 months and gained 60 lbs...which led to years and years of using food to cope. So, I too am creating a new relationship with food and am observing how my body responds. Creating new patterns/conditioni ng will take some time. Though, using food is my default

switch. So, I can see that cases of ongoing stress or extreme stress may compel me back into a pattern of using food at times and that's ok. Because at my next meal I can honor my hunger again and my fullness and keep putting one foot in front of the other. I can also give priority to self-care so that I don't get to points of stress that draw new toward food in the first place. Latoya:)Now I realize that this is going to be a LONG drawn-out process for me because while many overweight people are making an attempt to rediscover their naturally-thin self, I am INVENTING mine. > > Thoughts/opinions? Can anyone relate? Let me know!> > <3-------and more

<3------->

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Kipkabob wrote:

> It was a big relief to realize that I probably never was an intuitive

> eater.....I feel like it explains why it is taking me so long to become an

> intuitive eater.

I think I was never an intuitive eater either. My food intake was

restricted when I was an infant only. I guess my mother didn't want a

chubby child. Well, now she has a really fat one... sometimes I could

just slap her across the face because she restricted my food intake. I

was chubby but active. I'm convinced I never would have gotten so fat

and dysfunctional if it wasn't for the food restricting. I still don't

get that I can now have all the food (especially chocolate and chips and

other junk food) I want. I still need a lot of food in the house to make

me calmer.

It makes me sad and angry that I never got the chance of developing into

a normal eater. I don't feel relief about it. It's so good that you feel

relief about it.

Regards

s.

Oh it makes me sad and angry too. :) But mostly relieved because I feel it explains WHY I have such a hard time with food and learning IE.

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)> It was a big relief to realize that I probably never was an intuitive> eater.....I feel like it explains why it is taking me so long to become an> intuitive eater. I think I was never an intuitive eater either. My food intake wasrestricted when I was an infant only. I guess my mother didn't want achubby child. Well, now she has a really fat one... sometimes I couldjust slap her across the face because she restricted my food intake. Iwas chubby but active. I'm convinced I never would have gotten so fatand dysfunctional if it wasn't for the food restricting. I still don'tget that I can now have all the food (especially chocolate and chips andother junk food) I want. I still need a lot of food in the house to makeme calmer.It makes me sad and angry that I never got the

chance of developing intoa normal eater. I don't feel relief about it. It's so good that you feelrelief about it.Regardss.

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Kipkabob wrote:

> Oh it makes me sad and angry too. :) But mostly relieved because I feel

> it explains WHY I have such a hard time with food and learning IE.

It' so good that you feel relieved instead of hopeless and depressed. I

feel awful these days but I think it has to do the the time of the year.

Regards

s.