RemedySpot.com

RE: Distraction is Bliss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I love those pet sites too!!! Webkinz is big at our house. With five kids, the oldest four have at least five each, the two year old has a little one, I have two and even dh has three!!! It does make a great distraction when I need to just "veg-out" for a little while. Or after a meal when I know I need to stop eating but finding it difficult I'll play a couple games on webkinz and by the time I'm done I no longer am interested in food.

God Bless,

Dayna:)

To: IntuitiveEating_Support From: styxia@...Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 20:18:38 +0100Subject: Distraction is Bliss

With my favorite virtual pet site down (distracts me a lot when I needit) since two days and not much to do right now (thankfully) I caughtmyself browsing "diety" site again.It also doesn't help that one of the TV channels we have seems to have alot of docus about weight loss lately. Yesterday they had a series (allepisodes in a row) about an institution helping teenagers lose weight. Ionly caught the last minutes of the last episode and was quitedisgusted[1] how patronizing the therapists seemed and how they wereweighed when they returned after three months at home again to theclinic. "You came here with a starting weight of xx.x kg, you left withxx.x kg and now you have xx.x kg."And yet I had to fight the urge to watch the docu today. I even switchedto the channel for a moment but couldn't handle the tone and zapped backafter half a minute or so.It's interesting how I go back to "dieting" and "weight" when there isnothing "important" (exam) or "distracting" (my favorite website)available. It obviously seems still be better than dealing with some ofthe stuff I maybe ought to deal with.I finally started cleaning out the kitchen cupboards to make room forthe new stuff I baught[2] and continued today. I'm not done by anymeans, I also want to write a list of the books I want to sell. A fewpeople have already asked me about buying some of the books I used forstudying. I'm not quite sure which ones to sell and which ones to keepthough so I'm still a bit hesitant.I also thought about re-reading some IE/ND books but I'm not reallymotivated right now.I think about a lot of stuff I could (or should?) do but it all seems sostressful right now.Regardss.[1] this seems to be too strong of a word, but the dictionary I use cameup with the word "disgusted"[2] really CUTE pots, you ought to see them; they come in a fruity andvegetably design; I got apple and pumpkin Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.

Dayna P wrote:

> I love those pet sites too!!!

I didn't know that site. I'm on Marapets and was on Neopets but they

made changes I disliked, including revamping their pets. They looked

silly after people were able to dress them up. They got VERY commercial

as well.

Regards

s.