attempted to use her influence and her challenges as a way to

positively impact peoples lives and she's human just like everyone

else. I read an article on yahoo after your post and noticed that she

said that she had let her self-care go in some ways and as she started

to gain weight, she sort of gave up and allowed herself to eat

whatever she wanted. I've always wondered if IE was ever featured on

the Oprah show because the skills that I've developed by learning

about my hunger and fullness, moving regularly, and dealing with

emotions without using food are so essential to self-care in my life now.

Latoya

>

> I saw a news clip on Yahoo's home page this morning - did anyone else

> see this? - about an interview with Oprah Winfrey where she " confesses "

> that she has gained 40 pounds back in the last two years and how

> embarrassed and ashamed she feels about it. I just feel so badly for

> her. It's hard enough to deal with the internal issues that impel us

> towards overeating, can you imagine having the whole world watching and

> making judgments about your struggles?? That must be just brutal. It

> makes me grateful that my journey towards true self-care and

> nourishment is largely a private one, with the exception of the support

> of those who can empathize with the road we travel.

>

>

>

Hi Latoya,

I think it would be really wonderful if IE was represented on Oprah's show, along with the other more traditional "diet" plans that are usually explored on the program. I have just started down this path (this past week!), so I don't feel I have much of a convincing nature to say to her about IE, but I think it would be great if some of you whose lives have been transformed by this path would send her an email and let her know there is another way to attain natural weight. Just a suggestion...

Many thanks,

"It's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential."

~ Barack Obama

Subject: Re: Oprah and weight gainTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 2:59 PM

,I've been seeing commercials with Oprah talking about a "confession"in some new Best Life week advertisements and I was wondering what hadhappened. I can't imagine the pressure of being that well-known anddealing with the challenges of self-care in front of the world. She'sattempted to use her influence and her challenges as a way topositively impact peoples lives and she's human just like everyoneelse. I read an article on yahoo after your post and noticed that shesaid that she had let her self-care go in some ways and as she startedto gain weight, she sort of gave up and allowed herself to eatwhatever she wanted. I've always wondered if IE was ever featured onthe Oprah show because the skills that I've developed by learningabout my hunger and fullness, moving regularly, and dealing withemotions without using food are so essential to self-care in my life now.Latoya>> I saw a news clip on Yahoo's home page this morning - did anyone else > see this? - about an interview with Oprah Winfrey where she "confesses" > that she has gained 40 pounds back in the last two years and how > embarrassed and ashamed she feels about it. I just feel so badly for > her. It's hard enough to deal with the internal issues that impel us > towards overeating, can you imagine having the whole world watching and > making judgments about your struggles?? That must be just brutal. It > makes me grateful that my journey towards true self-care and > nourishment is largely a private one, with the exception of the support > of those who can empathize with the road we

travel.> > >

Maybe I am just in a mood, but when I saw the Oprah article on Yahoo, all I can feel is ticked off! There is more to that article than just feeling sorry for O. Isn't it a little ironic that she is ready to go back on a diet just in time for a New Year's Resolution? To me, that article was just a marketing ploy to get all the overweight people in the US to turn to her show and magazine to lose weight come Jan 1st. Ugh! I wish she would just encourage women to love themselves just the way they are instead of sending out a press release to say she is ashamed for weighing what she does.

frustrated!

Bonnie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:54:39 PMSubject: Re: Re: Oprah and weight gain

Hi Latoya,

I think it would be really wonderful if IE was represented on Oprah's show, along with the other more traditional "diet" plans that are usually explored on the program. I have just started down this path (this past week!), so I don't feel I have much of a convincing nature to say to her about IE, but I think it would be great if some of you whose lives have been transformed by this path would send her an email and let her know there is another way to attain natural weight. Just a suggestion.. .

Many thanks,

"It's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential."

~ Barack Obama

From: latoyajw <latoyajwyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [intuitiveEating_ Support] Re: Oprah and weight gainTo: IntuitiveEating_ Support@yahoogro ups.comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 2:59 PM

,I've been seeing commercials with Oprah talking about a "confession"in some new Best Life week advertisements and I was wondering what hadhappened. I can't imagine the pressure of being that well-known anddealing with the challenges of self-care in front of the world. She'sattempted to use her influence and her challenges as a way topositively impact peoples lives and she's human just like everyoneelse. I read an article on yahoo after your post and noticed that shesaid that she had let her self-care go in some ways and as she startedto gain weight, she sort of gave up and allowed herself to eatwhatever she wanted. I've always wondered if IE was ever featured onthe Oprah show because the skills that I've developed by learningabout my hunger and fullness, moving regularly, and dealing withemotions without using food are so essential to self-care in my life now.Latoya>> I saw a news clip on Yahoo's home page this morning - did anyone else > see this? - about an interview with Oprah Winfrey where she "confesses" > that she has gained 40 pounds back in the last two years and how > embarrassed and ashamed she feels about it. I just feel so badly for > her. It's hard enough to deal with the internal issues that impel us > towards overeating, can you imagine having the whole world watching and > making judgments about your struggles?? That must be just brutal. It > makes me grateful that my journey towards true self-care and > nourishment is largely a private one, with the exception of the support

> of those who can empathize with the road we travel.> > >

Its been some years now, but I did see the Oprah show where she had

Geenen Roth on it. And while I must say that my hat is off to Geenen

for all her wonderful books and all the help she has provided to many

like ourselves here, unfortunately while Oprah was respectful and the

audience was 'open' (hoping?) for good input, my long lasting memory

of that show was this - the audience reacting telling Geenen that what

she was saying WAS a 'diet' (rules rules rules) and Geenen was not

really that happy to rather defend herself on that.

I think that if Tribole & Resch were to go on the show, they would

fare much better. And wouldn't you LOVE to see someone like Gillian be

there too as living proof? Not to mention all of us who have gained so

much of our lives back by using IE to drop the old focus and guilts re

eating for a better relationship with food.

Hey Oprah, you are welcome to join us here and even use another name!

Katcha

> I've always wondered if IE was ever featured on

> the Oprah show because the skills that I've developed by learning

> about my hunger and fullness, moving regularly, and dealing with

> emotions without using food are so essential to self-care in my life

now.

>

> Latoya