RemedySpot.com

SCD Pals w/UC ASD son (5 yo) and UC daughter (4 yo) start diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dearest One Jacey_rich jaceysemail@... Click on the email address. Put in subject: SCDiet help, please. Put their names on your contact list. ****These people are a blessing**** Ask if they are still on the scdiet or not. If not, let meknow, so I can take them off the list of SCD pals. Put in subject: SCD or I may miss your post.SCD Pals w/UC will help.**RAMAN PRASAD*http://www.SCDRecipe.com Book: "Colits and

Me" Coping With ColitisTo contact Raman: http://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/view-all/ Questions: scdrecipe@...* "Sheila Trenholm" sheilat@... sheilatrenholm@...

Atlantic Canada [Conception Bay South, Newfoundland] *** **" Green s" stacy@... will help with Pendnisone and SCDiet.**Cristina Nora Teodorescu cristinant@...**katholeenie gill katholeenie@...** Havard crhavard@...**Lorraine C.Brustas brustas@...**Ritu Hemnani ritu@... UC in UK/Hong Kong SCDiet Babys **AOKW " O.K." aok_wright@...**Steve Mansfield Steve.Mansfield@... 26 Willoughby St.Lower Hutt**Barbara Forsyth bforsyth1@...**Ilana J.Sprongl smiles@...**Felicia L. gusher928@... ** Belmont kevin.belmont@...*May I put your name and e-mail address

on the list so that after you have been on the SCDiet for a year you can help others in your area to find doctors, foods, stores, encouragement, and SCD information? Let me know, please. NEWBIES** Guerin kellyham2@... 2-08**Jeannine Duncan rjrduncan@... 6-08Jenna jackm@... 6-08 ?"Cyndi Anaya" cyndianaya@... San Diego, CA 7-08 ?" Mansor" jmschoolphotos@... St. Clair Shores 7-08 ?KRISTIN FURLONG kristinfurlong@... 8-08 ? no_reply 8-08 ? Su nah souxiefreebody@... 11-08 ? **Mara Schiffren alcibiades@... HI 11-08 "Mandy & " mtaylor@... Glencoe 11-08 **"Darcy Hennessey" dsh12340@... 12-08 Levin yuliya66@... FL 12-08 ? Rita Buzanovsky ritapsy@... 12-08 ? MD On his wife's recovery from Ulcerative Colitishttp://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/testimonies/roger_jackson_md.htm1st Oct 03CeCelia has Ulcerative Colitis of 10 yrs. duration that has progressed from distal proctitis to near universal colitis

on her last yearly colonoscopy. She was having flare ups several times yearly controlled with Prednisone. She usually was on Mesalamine or Azulfidine. Of course she had the usual cramps and urgency and chronic bleeding (for years) and iron deficiency. In the Spring 2003 she had a flare despite just ending a 6 wk. Prednisone taper.She tried Molocure for 2 months but stated that it was ineffective and stopped it. She then found " The Breaking the Vicious Cycle " low (grain) carbohydrate diet, with homemade yogurt, and fruit. She has religiously stuck to the diet after reading the book. Although the diet has been tough she has had a rather remarkable and sustained response for 6 months. No bleeding, slight urgency only and solid stools-- she takes Citrucel for the spastic colon now. She will have another colonoscopy in the next few months and it should be much less inflamed. She encourages everyone to read the book "

Breaking the Vicious Cycle". Hope this helps.Addendum 3rd Feb 04 Today she had her follow up colonoscopy after ten months of the SCD diet (Breaking the Vicious Cycle). The colonoscopy was entirely NORMAL! The gastroenterologist was visibly surprised. He suggested a repeat colonoscopy in 5 yrs. Best Regards, , MD /Nashville**Lucy told:Her UC started out as proctitis and spread eventually throughout her entire colon. When she started SCD she was on a ton of meds that she said weren't helping her at all, so as she started the diet she tapered her meds and was soon only doing the diet. She said she never restricted herself to only cooked veggies and such and also didn't go back to the

intro diet to deal with flares. In her words "I just rode the ups and downs" and she eventually got better, however she said it did take 5 years for her symptoms to completely go away. When I asked her if she thought restricting the diet more with cooked fruits & veggies, etc would have helped her heal faster,she said maybe but she really couldn't say for sure since she also wasn't taking meds either. She did say that too much legal sugar was probably not a good thing and to limit fruit to 2-3 per day and go easy on the honey. Oh, and she seemed to feel Asacol was pretty worthless and suggested if Iwas going to continue with meds to try Asulphidine, possibly as an enema to directly treat the affected areas. Seems to be more than one way to "do" the SCD and they all seem to work eventually, so that's a good thing! *This SCDiet list serve support group

information is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. Only our own experiences with the medicine. Any medical decisions should be made in consultation with your physician. wrote:Hi allI started this diet today after 3 years on gfcf with my kids. I just finished preparing my first batch of yogurt. hehehe. I have 3 questions - 1) can we use any Applegate hotdogs, bacon, etc.? (I know "no processed meats" but it seems like the ingredients are ok on the diet.2) what about sugar cane juice? (i know this sounds ridiculous to even ask a question about "sugar" but still confused about the difference between juice and sugar.)3) did anyone stop pooping for a couple days after starting? Since I have little kids on the diet and do not have it myself, I would love the help of adults who are going through it. I need someone to

VERBALLY tell me how they are doing. I have read BTVC and Band of Mothers....and have all the cookbooks. (I did this with my daughter 2 years ago...not strictly...but it did cure her of colitis. She has remained GFCF but now it is TIME TO HEAL! Jacey CapursoNaperville IL