too cried at his preschool graduation.My mother said to me, " Why are you so

weepy? She just didn't get it did she? Now mine is in the choir at church and

sings " THE LOUDEST " and I do mean the LOUDEST!!! Yes,there is hope.I no

longer worry about in a crowd of children because he is just like

everyone else and I am so proud I could just burst!!! Yes there is hope

everyone.Don't give up!!! Gretchen

• 7 years later...

Hey Joyce,

Thanks. I managed to keep pretty good records with pictures of my progress with my weight loss. Some times I would feel like I didn't lose enough and then I would get the pictures out and say to myself "you are doing just fine." I will keep trying to motivate other people and let them know that this CAN be done and that we are ALL out here to help them.

Have a nice weekend,

Suzanne

In a message dated 10/16/2009 2:03:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, joycemitch@... writes:

You look mahvalous dawling! The time does seem to go so fast. Mine will be a year in December. Keep motivating others. We can't help ourselves when we know how much better they would feel.

Joyce

216/147/130

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:19 PM, SuzanneH <SuzanneSHaol> wrote:

Hi Everyone,Well, I am approaching my (1) year anniversary of my sleeve surgery which I had on Oct 21, 2008. Wow where do I start. I feel like a WHOLE new person. My back doesn't hurt, I don't have any pain in my leg and I take 90 % less medication than I took 1 year ago. I feel fabulous. I exercise and eat healthy. I posted a few new photos of me. Feel free to check them out on the site. For me and I have said this many times over. If I could see someone that was as fat as I was then see where they had gone in 1 year, it was such motivation for me. Not everyone is that way. Enjoy your journey; I still have about 10 or 12 pounds to lose. I know it will happen. Thank you all for you fabulous support and caring ways. I am still going to be posting to site and joining the discussions that are going on. I know what got me through this and I want to be able to support someone the way I was supported.Take care,Suzanne

Hey Penny,

Thanks so much and it was my pleasure to meet you. You are such a sweetheart. I am glad that I could make a difference in your life. Many people ahead of me made a BIG difference in my life. WOW 71 pounds, that is amazing in just 6 months. Doesn't it feel good girl? I know just what you are saying when you think what in the world did I do to myself? I am willing to bet that 90% of us have said the same thing to ourselves. And look what we have done for ourselves--made a life changing choice for all the right reasons!

I love how you put it. I am going to start saying GET RID of and not lose. I never want it back, and so I love the fact that I got RID of 91 pounds to far. Stay in touch. Have you posted any pictures? It really does help other people who are going to have this done.

Hugs,

Suzanne

In a message dated 10/16/2009 2:12:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, prstorey@... writes:

I for one want to Thank you for all the information you have shared with us. You have helped me so much over the past months. I’m really glad I got to meet you personally. You have made a difference in my life! There were times when I thought “what have I doneâ€! But as time goes by and the weight keeps coming off I can say it was worth it. I can say that I have gotten rid of 71 pounds! I say this because I did not lose it because when you lose something you try to get it back. So my thinking is I GOT RID OF 71 POUNDS! I went from 271 and now I’m just waiting to get under the 200 mark! At the end of this month it will be 6 months for me.

Good luck with your last 10 pounds!

Penny

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SuzanneHSent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:20 PM Subject: One year later

Hi Everyone,Well, I am approaching my (1) year anniversary of my sleeve surgery which I had on Oct 21, 2008. Wow where do I start. I feel like a WHOLE new person. My back doesn't hurt, I don't have any pain in my leg and I take 90 % less medication than I took 1 year ago. I feel fabulous. I exercise and eat healthy. I posted a few new photos of me. Feel free to check them out on the site. For me and I have said this many times over. If I could see someone that was as fat as I was then see where they had gone in 1 year, it was such motivation for me. Not everyone is that way. Enjoy your journey; I still have about 10 or 12 pounds to lose. I know it will happen. Thank you all for you fabulous support and caring ways. I am still going to be posting to site and joining the discussions that are going on. I know what got me through this and I want to be able to support someone the way I was supported.Take care,Suzanne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 8.5.421 / Virus Database: 270.14.20/2440 - Release Date: 10/16/09 06:32:00

Thanks so very much, I truly feel that we all can help other people through this. I am paying it forward, just like someone did for me! I will probably always post things and try to encourage people. This is such a do able thing for anyone who want to GET RID of the weight!

Thanks again,

Suzanne

In a message dated 10/16/2009 2:32:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ljhans5@... writes:

This is fantastic. Every time I read something like this I am also encouraged. You have done such a great job! and you have, indeed, been an encouragement to others on this board. As always, keep up the good work!

From: SuzanneH <SuzanneSHaol>Subject: One year later Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 3:19 PM

You look mahvalous dawling!  The time does seem to go so fast.  Mine will be a year in December.  Keep motivating others.  We can't help ourselves when we know how much better they would feel.

Joyce

216/147/130

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:19 PM, SuzanneH <SuzanneSH@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,Well, I am approaching my (1) year anniversary of my sleeve surgery which I had on Oct 21, 2008. Wow where do I start. I feel like a WHOLE new person. My back doesn't hurt, I don't have any pain in my leg and I take 90 % less medication than I took 1 year ago. I feel fabulous. I exercise and eat healthy. I posted a few new photos of me. Feel free to check them out on the site. For me and I have said this many times over. If I could see someone that was as fat as I was then see where they had gone in 1 year, it was such motivation for me. Not everyone is that way. Enjoy your journey; I still have about 10 or 12 pounds to lose. I know it will happen. Thank you all for you fabulous support and caring ways. I am still going to be posting to site and joining the discussions that are going on. I know what got me through this and I want to be able to support someone the way I was supported.

Take care,Suzanne

Penny,It is good to hear from you too, Granger said that you emailed her. Granger & I have been doing very well, it has been very good for me. My energy level is very high and I have lost 88lb's from the surgery. -LinnOn Oct 16, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Penny Storey wrote:

I for one want to Thank you for all the information you

have shared with us. You have helped me so much over the past months.

I’m really glad I got to meet you personally. You have made a

difference in my life! There were times when I thought “what have I

done”! But as time goes by and the weight keeps coming off I can

say it was worth it. I can say that I have gotten rid of 71

pounds! I say this because I did not lose it because when you lose

something you try to get it back. So my thinking is I GOT RID OF 71

POUNDS! I went from 271 and now I’m just waiting to get under the

200 mark! At the end of this month it will be 6 months for

me. Good luck with your last 10 pounds! Penny

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of SuzanneH

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:20 PM

Subject: One year later