RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Back...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hahaha! I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was an IE concept that I hadn't gotten to in the book yet!

Re: Re: Back...

"Time Of the Month"

:)

On 10/9/08, Katcha <jain_daughsisqtel (DOT) net> wrote:

Such excellent awareness and discovery too Dawn :)One little thing - I guess I'm out of it - what does TOM stand for?Turn around moment - TAM, so that isn't it. Thought of moment? Puttingmy dunce cap on ;-)KatchaIEing since March 2007>

> Last week I had my TOM. Unfortunately, this meant that I gave myself> free reign to eat without honoring my hunger. It's truly not a fun> place to be in. Last night I sat down and realized that I no longer> enjoy overeating, and I have to wonder if I ever actually did. When I> eat with no stops, it's just a physical act. There's no tasting my> food past the first bite or two, and last night I realized that> sometimes I don't even taste those two bites. It's just eating for the> sake of eating. It doesn't help with the hormonal parts of my TOM, and> it doesn't help wtih the pain.> > Instead I sit here, knowing I've gained again and realizing more so> than ever, that this overeating is not working for me any longer.> > I want to enjoy my food. For me, that means Intuitive Eating. I need> to wait because when I

wait and when I eat when hungry, I so look> forward to it. I enjoy it. I love fall and I love all the warm, cozy> foods. I want to truly enjoy them. Not just eat them. Suddenly there's> a very big difference to me. Very big.> > I want to enjoy my food again. I had it and I want it again. :)> > My tummy knows the difference, and now so does my head and heart.> > And the craziest thing of all, is how excited I am to eat this way> again. :) Unlike a diet where I do it because I am angry at myself,> Intuitive Eating has taught me to truly love myself and want to do> this because I care very deeply about myself. Totally new concept to> me, one I had as a child, and one I am relearning.> > So back to IE I go today. :)> > I couldn't be more thrilled!!>