RemedySpot.com

Grief

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am pleased to see parents writing and talking about grief. It is very real, very difficult to speak about and most, if not all, parents go through the stages of grief when their child is diagnosed with autism or a similar condition.

However, we are told to get it together and take them to a thousand services to help them. I believe we continue to re-experience the stages of grief at each developmental stage of our children's development.

I, too, agree that my son has taught me exorbitant things about myself. I have learned so much, especially, how to be a better parent, partner, sister, friend, employee. I have learned the depth of my patience and how shallow that patience has been at times. I have learned how self-centered I was, before I had him, as I am now not afforded that luxury any longer. :) (despite my best efforts)

I am attaching two writings about what our children can teach us and a poem from Erma Bombeck that I believe describes some of us perfectly. I can really only speak for myself but I really view him as a gift. I am so lucky, blessed and fortunate to have him in my life and I hope he feels the same about me someday. I can't live in that feeling for too long that he was robbed or wondering what he could have been like had he not been inflicted. If he were developing normally/typically, I would be taking those milestones for granted, like I see some of my friends do. I currently treasure every single one of them and celebrate pretty much every thing he does.

Re: Re: BIO-MEDICAL INTERVENTION

In a message dated 8/23/2008 12:12:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, thecohanes@comcast net writes:

I feel like I am pulling ay straws trying to find the reasons for my daughters behavior

What kind of behavior is your child having? You might want to check out the Feingold Diet. It is very effective for children extremely reactive to phenols, dyes, chemicals, etc.

Badillo

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.