RemedySpot.com

Re: canned tuna, sardines legal?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I go by the list on the BTVC website and just ask the group b/c I still do not know everything by heart yet. canned tuna, sardines legal?To: BTVC-SCD > tuna, salmon, sardines- canned- legal?> what are the things i should look out for that make it an illegal?> >

The SCD™ Knowledge Base Omega Fatty Acids In response to some questions about Omega fatty acids, Deborah writes:Omega 6 does come from polyunsaturated vegetable oils, but Omega 3 fatty acids are also polyunsaturated, and are found in wild salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, etc. Canola oil, which is illegal, and a horribly harmful oil, has some Omega 3, and flax seed oil does, also, plus walnut oil has a small amount. However, these are all types of Omega 3 that the body can't use, and most of us do very poorly at converting them into EPA and DHA (the types in fish, and also in meat from grass fed/pastured animals), so end up with an overload of ALA

in our bodies, which is *not* good. I would recommend avoiding canola oil (Although it is SCD™ legal) completely, and also avoiding flax seed oil (which goes rancid so quickly it's impossible to keep it fresh, even in the freezer), as you would end up with too much ALA accumulating in the body (and canola oil is extremely harmful in other ways). > I guess from reading your posts that coconut butter contains also > Omega 3 ?!?! But what about olive oil, hazelnut oil, etc. Does it > contain Omega 3 or Omega 6. Olive oil and hazelnut oil are primarily monounsaturates; monounsaturated oils are not Omega 6 *or* 3. But they are only primarily monounsaturated. Butter would have some Omega 3 (and also, always some Omega 6) if it were from grass fed cows, plus it would have a lot of conjugated linolenic acid (CLA), which is also very good for us. Factory farm butter, or butter

from grain fed cows has much less. > If I remember correctly you said that olive oil, coconut butter, > hazelnut oil, etc are saturated oils. Is this correct ? Coconut butter is a saturated fat. The other two are monounsaturates. Coconut butter is not only good because it's saturated (we *need* a good amount of saturated fat, contrary to the nonsense we've been fed), but because it has anti-pathogenic properties. > Also, we should avoid Omega 6 oils and prefer Omega 3 fat acids. It's not that we should avoid all Omega 6. We need both Omega 6 and Omega 3. However, our modern food has such a vast overload of Omega 6, we should definitely cut out as much as possible. Therefore, we would be healthiest if we completely avoid polyunsaturated vegetable oils. We already get way too much Omega 6 in our meat from grain fed animals, and of course, we get some from nuts. > If we want

to gain weight, we should prefer mono-insaturated fats. > If we want to loose weight, we should prefer saturated oil. Yes, this is correct, but you also have to think about your health. While mono unsaturates such as olive and hazelnut oil are not bad for the health, an excess wouldn't be great. While you can't have too much butter, coconut butter, saturated fat from beef, etc., for good health, you could have too much mono unsaturated fat. So while it is fine to have some avocado and mayo from olive or hazelnut

oil in your diet if you want to gain weight, I wouldn't go overboard. ----- Original Message -----From: jodah235 > tuna, salmon, sardines- canned- legal?> what are the things i should look out for that make it an illegal? Loving care, Gay Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to

Fully Featured Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Very interesting... Why do we *need* saturated fat? Is there a

further more detailed explination of this?

Coconut butter is not only good because it's saturated (we *need* a

good amount of saturated fat, contrary to the nonsense we've been

fed), but because it has anti-pathogenic properties.

Water packed seafood with nothing added is legal, tuna, salmon, oysters, lobster, crab meat, sardines.Certain oils and added preservatives might be illegal. Personally i rarely used canned anything if I can get fresh. I go by the list on the BTVC website and just ask the group b/c I still do not know everything by heart yet. canned tuna, sardines legal?To: BTVC-SCD > tuna, salmon, sardines- canned- legal?> what are the things i should look out for that make it an illegal?> >   Carol F.Celiac, SCD 8 years,MCS, Latex Allergyhttp://www.celiac.com/authors/143/Carol-Frileghhttp://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/gfcf-diet/sc-diet.htm