RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: MUSIC THERAPY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My daughter has taken music therapy with Cardenza and loves it. Some of them are willing to come to your home. My only problem with them is the high turnover with therapists over there. The last one was really good and when the therapist resigned it was really hard for my daughter to understand why she wasn't teaching her anymore. I think if your willing to go directly to their office that might not be a problem. Good luck! "Hilda S. Mitrani" wrote: My son has been taking music therapy with Cadenza or its owner, Dr. Reitman, for at least 8 years. I couldn't begin to tell you enough about how beneficial it has been for him - breathing, socialization, following directions, cognition, learning to understand deeper meanings from lyrics, structure, discipline. The list is long. It has also enabled him to participate in band in middle school. Our kids have few options for electives... The socialization and comraderie in a band environment is fabulous. And, the kids love it. Hilda Hilda S. Mitrani hmitranicomcast (DOT) net -----Original Message-----From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of B. Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:09 PMTo: sList Subject: Re: Re: MUSIC THERAPY For music therapy, there is also Piano Lessons Plus and Let It Be Music along with Cadenza Music Therapy that offer this type of therapy for children with

special needs. Several other programs offer music as part of their curriculum (such as Florida Special Arts Center, Jewish Community Center, and others). You can call me or Ronda at 2-1-1 for the details and fees or you can find it listed in the Special Needs Social / Recreation resources on Broward's Special Needs website here: http://www.211-broward.org/snresources.htm . If you find another program for your child, please pass it on to me and I'll add it to the 211 database to let other parents know. Good luck! Billie Special Needs Manager2-1-1 Broward 3217 NW 10th Terrace, Suite 307Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309(for info and referrals ask for Special Needs

Coordinator: or 2-1-1) email: bmorgan211-broward (DOT) orgBroward's Special Needs website: www.211-broward.org/specialneedsindex.htm Re: MUSIC THERAPY The only place I have heard of is cadenza music therapy

http://www.cadenzamusictherapy.com/ they work with children with special needs including autism. sorry, i do not know the cost. hope this helps>> Anybody knows Music Therapy for special needs (one on one)but not too > expensive? I'm located in sunrise near weston. and what's is the cost?> Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1316 - Release Date: 3/6/2008 6:58 PM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release

Date: 8/20/2008 7:11 PM