RemedySpot.com

Tummy problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

miralax was recommended for my daughter with bad constipation issues! It does help along with fleet baby suppositories (liquid) inside. Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Guest guest

Have you tried giving your daughter 1/2 a papaya enzyme tablet (they actually taste good.) or a little ginger ale after her meals. I know we resist giving our kids soda, but regular ginger ale can be very beneficial in restoring stomach calmness. These sometimes will help with tummy trouble and won't interfere with other medications. If that doesn't work (lemon balm oil) might help. It doesn't usually interfere with other medications either, but I would consult a physician prior to giving it to a child under 10 years old. Activia yogurt from Dannon might also be a treat you could give your daughter to help her tummy. It is even advertised as being beneficial for stomach health. Sometimes you just have to give your child a little extra

time. Maybe she just isn't ready to finish toilet training and needs a few extra weeks. I've learned that my son does things on his schedule, not mine, and I just have to accept it. He usually is a week or two behind what I plan.Glenda Subject: Tummy problemsTo: sList Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 10:14 AM

Hi ,

Thanks so much for letting me join your group. I can't

believe how much info. All of you have and are so willing to share.

I need a little help for my daughter. She is now finally

potty trained ..well almost , but still YES! She is half way there,

but due to her tummy stresses she can't get the #2's yet. If she has

a normal movement/ or diarhea she will go where she is supposed

to.

However, most of the time is is somewhere in between

and ,..as you may have already guessed we just can't seem to get her

trainned and have been working so hard at this for about three years

now. One docotr tells me its medical, the next says its behavioral.

She is so smart that when I put medications or goven her fiber

supliments etc, she started to refuse the foods or drinks I hid it

in!

I have taken her to more doctors and GI's than I can

count, she has been on the GFCF diet,been to alergist etc. Still no

luck, they just can't seem to figure it out. Every test comes back

negative, and I can't afford a DAN doctor. I feel so badly for her

(and for us)there are only so may fiber/medication a liny 35 pound

girl can take and only so many times I can buy underpants.. (sorry for

the poor subject matter, but we can use any help we can get. It is

holding her back from so many opportunities like summer camps, or

social groups etc.)

I know you may not be able to give me any medical

advise, however if anyone has found someting that work, who may be

going through the same thing. Please let me know,

Mylittleskydreams

Guest guest

Dear Little Sky Dreams,

I can relate. Potty training has been the most challenging thing

ever fo us. Our son also has GI problems. We could have never

imagined potty training our son before he started on the probiotics.

ANd the thing about probiotics is that you can barely taste them.

For us, it has meant the difference between sucess and complete

trauma/frustration. Good luck!! Ida

>

> Hi ,

> Thanks so much for letting me join your group. I

can't

> believe how much info. All of you have and are so willing to share.

> I need a little help for my daughter. She is now finally

> potty trained ..well almost , but still YES! She is half way

there,

> but due to her tummy stresses she can't get the #2's yet. If she

has

> a normal movement/ or diarhea she will go where she is supposed

> to.

> However, most of the time is is somewhere in between

> and ,..as you may have already guessed we just can't seem to get

her

> trainned and have been working so hard at this for about three

years

> now. One docotr tells me its medical, the next says its

behavioral.

> She is so smart that when I put medications or goven her fiber

> supliments etc, she started to refuse the foods or drinks I hid it

> in!

> I have taken her to more doctors and GI's than I

can

> count, she has been on the GFCF diet,been to alergist etc. Still

no

> luck, they just can't seem to figure it out. Every test comes back

> negative, and I can't afford a DAN doctor. I feel so badly for her

> (and for us)there are only so may fiber/medication a liny 35 pound

> girl can take and only so many times I can buy underpants..(sorry

for

> the poor subject matter, but we can use any help we can get. It is

> holding her back from so many opportunities like summer camps, or

> social groups etc.)

> I know you may not be able to give me any medical

> advise, however if anyone has found someting that work, who may be

> going through the same thing. Please let me know,

> Mylittleskydreams

>

Guest guest

Hi,

Wish you the best of luck! How old is your daughter? This is important. Have you tried "Social Stories"? Have you tried a scheduled reinforcemnet schedule? Or breathing excercises while on the potty? The most important thing is to be POSITIVE and PATIENT. She will get it the same way she got #1. Always make sure to rule out any medical issues as well. Which it sounds like you have.

Aeleen,.M.S., L.M.H.C.

All About Therapy

Subject: Tummy problemsTo: sList Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 2:14 PM

Hi ,Thanks so much for letting me join your group. I can't believe how much info. All of you have and are so willing to share.I need a little help for my daughter. She is now finally potty trained ..well almost , but still YES! She is half way there, but due to her tummy stresses she can't get the #2's yet. If she has a normal movement/ or diarhea she will go where she is supposed to. However, most of the time is is somewhere in between and ,..as you may have already guessed we just can't seem to get her trainned and have been working so hard at this for about three years now. One docotr tells me its medical, the next says its behavioral. She is so smart that when I put medications or goven her fiber supliments etc, she started to refuse the foods or drinks I hid it in! I have taken her to more doctors and GI's than I can count, she has been on the GFCF diet,been to alergist etc.

Still no luck, they just can't seem to figure it out. Every test comes back negative, and I can't afford a DAN doctor. I feel so badly for her (and for us)there are only so may fiber/medication a liny 35 pound girl can take and only so many times I can buy underpants.. (sorry for the poor subject matter, but we can use any help we can get. It is holding her back from so many opportunities like summer camps, or social groups etc.)I know you may not be able to give me any medical advise, however if anyone has found someting that work, who may be going through the same thing. Please let me know,Mylittleskydreams

Guest guest

Maybe it is something else she is eating/exposed to. My son has had similar stomach issues and GI doctors, allergists, etc couldn't find anything wrong or any allergies. Using an elimination diet, we found many random foods like avocados and eggs that consistently cause problems. Swimming in chlorinated pools also causes stomach (and mood) problems for him!

Subject: Tummy problemsTo: sList Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 10:14 AM

Hi ,Thanks so much for letting me join your group. I can't believe how much info. All of you have and are so willing to share.I need a little help for my daughter. She is now finally potty trained ..well almost , but still YES! She is half way there, but due to her tummy stresses she can't get the #2's yet. If she has a normal movement/ or diarhea she will go where she is supposed to. However, most of the time is is somewhere in between and ,..as you may have already guessed we just can't seem to get her trainned and have been working so hard at this for about three years now. One docotr tells me its medical, the next says its behavioral. She is so smart that when I put medications or goven her fiber supliments etc, she started to refuse the foods or drinks I hid it in! I have taken her to more doctors and GI's than I can count, she has been on the GFCF diet,been to alergist etc.

Still no luck, they just can't seem to figure it out. Every test comes back negative, and I can't afford a DAN doctor. I feel so badly for her (and for us)there are only so may fiber/medication a liny 35 pound girl can take and only so many times I can buy underpants.. (sorry for the poor subject matter, but we can use any help we can get. It is holding her back from so many opportunities like summer camps, or social groups etc.)I know you may not be able to give me any medical advise, however if anyone has found someting that work, who may be going through the same thing. Please let me know,Mylittleskydreams