RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: marilyn - veges/cholesterol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I think I noticed a major change in early November. Before that I could eat green beans, yellow summer squash, roasted and peeled bell peppers, sauteed onions. I can eat mushrooms but for some reason I don't like them like I used to--honey, local and regular clover honey. The first raw fruit I tried was grapes, just a few to see how it went. But if they have a heavy husk, I peel them LOL. Just take a pairing knife while you're watching TV and peel them. Now I look for smaller ones. Peaches, ripe bananas, avocado, sweet peas every once in awhile. Zucchini and yellow squash casserole with homemade pesto and parmesan is awesome. Or with bell peppers. Some tomatoes (Roma and grape especially)--I don't take the acid in the canned juice.

I can eat dried beans fixed as per BTVC. Soaked, rinsed, etc. but not black ones yet. I avoid nuts so far. The two best things I can think of--the first salad I was able to eat without a problem. I don't eat them often though. And I could finally drink orange juice without it causing any problems around Christmas. I know it's been slow going for me but it may not for you. I would read the book, re-read the book and legal list and decide what 'sounds' or looks good to you. Somehow that's a good indication for me. Real parmesan is sugar, lactose free naturally and very light. It's the easiest for me rather than the colby, cheddar, etc. types.

I still heavily dilute drinks with water and ice. I still make too many mistakes to count too :-).

Hope this helps. Make sure you try to get a core group of foods so you have a balanced diet even at this stage. Some people do better with goat yogurt also.

Good luck, lots of good advice on the lists.

Debbie 38 crohn's

scd 1/07

someone else scared me away from spaghetti squash too last week - I have it made but i'm scared to eat it- I feel like Debbie and I are similar it sounds so I guess i'm following her lead :-)I should stop being a wimp I guess so afraid to not feel good

debbie how long were you very limited for???thanks eileen > >> > vege wise I can still only tolerate cooked carrots are there any you think

> > would be good next tries - zucchini/green beans spinach didn't work but> > haven't tried them pureed - squash too fibrous i was told> >> >> > What kind of squash were you told was too fibrous?

> >> > How well did you cook the green beans and spinach? And the zucchini?> >> > Did you use the French cut green beans? I have always done better with> > those than whole beans.

> >> > If using the fresh spinach, did you remove the thick stems before cooking> > and cook completely?> >> > Did you peel the zucchini and remove any large seeds?> >

> > <g> Squash, zucchini, green beans and spinach are my staples. I don't> > really like carrots all that much! (Well, except organic carrots.)> >> > — *Marilyn> > * New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

> > Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> > Darn Good SCD Cook> > No Human Children> > Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >> > * *> >> >

> >>

I meant to say I tried the nut butters, peanut butter but really it caused problems. I still want the baked goods but I do better with meat, fruit and vegetables. Yogurt and creme fraiche make good dressings for everything. Baked fish--lots of catfish. I'm Southern so we have to have some type of 'gravy' on everything :-).

Hi, I think I noticed a major change in early November. Before that I could eat green beans, yellow summer squash, roasted and peeled bell peppers, sauteed onions. I can eat mushrooms but for some reason I don't like them like I used to--honey, local and regular clover honey. The first raw fruit I tried was grapes, just a few to see how it went. But if they have a heavy husk, I peel them LOL. Just take a pairing knife while you're watching TV and peel them. Now I look for smaller ones. Peaches, ripe bananas, avocado, sweet peas every once in awhile. Zucchini and yellow squash casserole with homemade pesto and parmesan is awesome. Or with bell peppers. Some tomatoes (Roma and grape especially)--I don't take the acid in the canned juice.

I can eat dried beans fixed as per BTVC. Soaked, rinsed, etc. but not black ones yet. I avoid nuts so far. The two best things I can think of--the first salad I was able to eat without a problem. I don't eat them often though. And I could finally drink orange juice without it causing any problems around Christmas. I know it's been slow going for me but it may not for you. I would read the book, re-read the book and legal list and decide what 'sounds' or looks good to you. Somehow that's a good indication for me. Real parmesan is sugar, lactose free naturally and very light. It's the easiest for me rather than the colby, cheddar, etc. types.

I still heavily dilute drinks with water and ice. I still make too many mistakes to count too :-).

Hope this helps. Make sure you try to get a core group of foods so you have a balanced diet even at this stage. Some people do better with goat yogurt also.

Good luck, lots of good advice on the lists.

Debbie 38 crohn's

scd 1/07

someone else scared me away from spaghetti squash too last week - I have it made but i'm scared to eat it- I feel like Debbie and I are similar it sounds so I guess i'm following her lead :-)I should stop being a wimp I guess so afraid to not feel good

debbie how long were you very limited for???thanks eileen > >> > vege wise I can still only tolerate cooked carrots are there any you think> > would be good next tries - zucchini/green beans spinach didn't

work but> > haven't tried them pureed - squash too fibrous i was told> >> >> > What kind of squash were you told was too fibrous?> >> > How well did you cook the green beans and spinach? And the

zucchini?> >> > Did you use the French cut green beans? I have always done better with> > those than whole beans.> >> > If using the fresh spinach, did you remove the thick stems before

cooking> > and cook completely?> >> > Did you peel the zucchini and remove any large seeds?> >> > <g> Squash, zucchini, green beans and spinach are my staples. I

don't> > really like carrots all that much! (Well, except organic carrots.)> >> > — *Marilyn> > * New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> > Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

> > Darn Good SCD Cook> > No Human Children> > Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >> > * *> >> > > >>

LOL Debra, I'm a southerner too. Smothering everything with a gravy IS a staple down here. Thanks for the heads up on the yogurt and cream fraishe, I'll be wanting to add me some gravy... at a later point in the diet. And Tony's.. it has illegals. Thanks for the laugh, Misty Kimble, LA CD SCD - Jan 5 08Debra Orebaugh wrote: I meant to say I tried the nut butters, peanut butter but really it

caused problems. I still want the baked goods but I do better with meat, fruit and vegetables. Yogurt and creme fraiche make good dressings for everything. Baked fish--lots of catfish. I'm Southern so we have to have some type of 'gravy' on everything :-). On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Debra Orebaugh <texdeblgmail> wrote: Hi, I think I noticed a major change in early November. Before that I could eat green beans, yellow summer squash, roasted and peeled bell peppers, sauteed onions. I can eat mushrooms but for some reason I don't like them like I used to--honey, local and regular clover honey. The first raw fruit I tried was grapes, just a few to see how it went. But if they have a heavy husk, I peel them LOL. Just take a pairing knife while you're

watching TV and peel them. Now I look for smaller ones. Peaches, ripe bananas, avocado, sweet peas every once in awhile. Zucchini and yellow squash casserole with homemade pesto and parmesan is awesome. Or with bell peppers. Some tomatoes (Roma and grape especially)--I don't take the acid in the canned juice. I can eat dried beans fixed as per BTVC. Soaked, rinsed, etc. but not black ones yet. I avoid nuts so far. The two best things I can think of--the first salad I was able to eat without a problem. I don't eat them often though. And I could finally drink orange juice without it causing any problems around Christmas. I know it's been slow going for me but it may not for you. I would read the book, re-read the book and legal list and decide what 'sounds' or looks good to you. Somehow that's a good indication for me. Real parmesan is sugar, lactose

free naturally and very light. It's the easiest for me rather than the colby, cheddar, etc. types. I still heavily dilute drinks with water and ice. I still make too many mistakes to count too :-). Hope this helps. Make sure you try to get a core group of foods so you have a balanced diet even at this stage. Some people do better with goat yogurt also. Good luck, lots of good advice on the lists. Debbie 38 crohn's scd 1/07 On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM, blackguitarmaker <autumn71Afrontiernet (DOT) net> wrote: someone else scared me away from spaghetti squash too last week - I have it made but i'm scared to eat it- I feel like Debbie and I are similar it sounds so I guess i'm following her lead :-)I should stop being a wimp I guess so afraid to not feel gooddebbie how long were you very limited for???thanks eileen > >> > vege wise I can still only tolerate cooked carrots are there any you think> > would be good next tries - zucchini/green beans spinach didn't work but> > haven't tried them pureed - squash too fibrous i was told> >> >> > What kind of squash were you told was too fibrous?> >> > How well did you cook the green beans and spinach? And the zucchini?> >> > Did you use the French cut green beans? I have always done better with> > those than whole beans.> >> > If using the fresh spinach, did you remove the thick stems before cooking> > and cook completely?> >> > Did you peel the zucchini and remove any

large seeds?> >> > <g> Squash, zucchini, green beans and spinach are my staples. I don't> > really like carrots all that much! (Well, except organic carrots.)> >> > — *Marilyn> > * New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> > Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> > Darn Good SCD Cook> > No Human Children> > Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >> > * *> >> > > >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

At 09:18 PM 2/21/2008, you wrote:

And Tony's.. it has illegals.

Tony Chachere's?

<evil grin> We SCDers have Dale's Louisiana Seasoning -- and it was

invented right near you by yours truly.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund