RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Thank you all for being here...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all:

Hi Dawn, beautiful attitude toward people, I see why you can accomplish all that, and they don't. you have very gifted social skills and that can make you feel impatient and frustrated with others that do not.

I feel so much identify with your reaction to ageism as I react to fatism. Yesterday I went to a baby shower where relatives I have not seen in a long time where there. I didn't wanted to go and let them see me fat. But at the same time,,this is my family and I miss them, love them and I want to spend a good time building nice memories around them. So I went. As I was there I felt the sight of some of my cousins and I knew what they were thinking. And I saw it coming, one of them told me , last time I saw you, you were so skinny and beautiful, what happen. (don't you hate it). I so much deserve their disapproval as I was a skinny show off, talking about how good diets I was in. etc.. I answered , No more diet for me, I eat when I'm hungry and stop when full. I felt proud of myself that even though I was not skinny I enjoyed the party and the company and not feeling self conscious , I almost like

that now I am maybe making some feel good about themselves as some, of them think they are overweight and need to lose some more. even though they are less fat than me. I think ageism is easier to work on as age is something that is going to happen to all. It is either get old or die. fatism in the otherhand is almost like a bad choise, We all going to get old , we can't help it but we all are not going to be fat if we can help it.

Choose to stop making yourself miserable, you might think you are the only miserable one but your love ones are going to feel miserable without knowing why.

Subject: Re: Thank you all for being here...To: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 8:07 AM

Hi Norma, glad my reactions are at least amusing someone *smile*. No,I do not feel that the current situation is funny in any manner. I amactually annoyed that I have to deal with it when my goal is to dealwith nursing not young attitudes. When I was their age I never did theHow I see you, I saw myself. I have always had the attitude ofrespecting people based on their kindness towards others and me notthe age they were stamped with. So it makes it more frustrating that Ia dealing with ageism which this is. While I do know that there arenatural periods of maturation that cause people to act certain ways(such as my dealing with getting older the way I am), I also thinkthat people can be enlightened to change their mindset if the sochoose to. Which is why I posted the way I was feeling on this listbecause I so choose to. And my reactions to eating are directly linkedto my lacking of tools to change as

I choose to. I am not unhappy that I reached my goal I think you might havemisunderstood what I was saying. I am BEYOND THRILLED that Iaccomplished the goal of becoming a nurse and all that I did throughthat journey. I am unhappy there is so much ageism clouding thisperiod of my career. Dawn