RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Visiting w/ Mom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks Katcha! I had my final (hopefully!) fitting last night. The straps she made aren't quite what I invisioned but my sister said they looked good. I'm just so glad I can wear a regular bra I don't really care anymore! I had a loooong hunt for a strapless bra or one that I could put clear straps on. I ordered a body shaper with convertible straps from Lane that I thought was going to work until I tried it on with my dress. The body shaper didn't really do anything...it gave me really bad panty lines you could see through the dress and the bra cups were so puffy and firm that it made the dress too small in the bust. I couldn't find another bra in my size anywhere I checked...even the speciality bra stores. So this is the best solution! And I think it looks good and so does my sister so that's really

all that matters. And yes the empire waist is really flattering! :)

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Subject: Re: Visiting w/ MomTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Received: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 4:04 PM

Then I am sure that you took care to select the dress that suited youbest :) :) I remember your post with concerns about the spaghettistraps (and bared arms). I'm glad it worked out that you could havewider straps added so that you can wear a regular bra too. I tried ona couple of strapless bras and thought - no way! All these did waspush me up and allllll over the top of my body including towards thearms too. Not an attractive look at all. I bet you look very nice inthe empire styling too. KatchaIEing since March 2007> >> > That is great Alana! I am so impressed with how you handled your> Mom's comments!! :) I only hope I can do the same next week...I'm> the maid of honour at my sister's wedding and I'm wearing a sleeveless> dress. I'm sure I'll get the "You arms are too fat for a sleeveless>

dress" comment. I'm gonna try not to take it personally like you> did! I've also been doing a lot of work on loving myself just as I am> this year. I'm not gonna let her take that away from me! :)> > > > > > Kipkabob> > (Intuitive eating since September 2006)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmarkyour favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar. yahoo.com.>

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA