RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Struggling today...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all:

Like and accept is not the same thing.

, is easy to know what you like, because we all like similar things, I would like to weight 120 pounds because I like the shape of my body. I also would like to have money in the bank and withdrawal every time I need something to buy, I would like to have a live in maid so I can have a tidy house everyday, Some people might say I would like to walk instead of being in this wheelchair. or I would like to find a cure for my sickness. and so on.... Are we going to wake up every morning and be puzzled because today things are not like we like them to be? We don't have to like them to accept them. Once we accept them as they are today. We can do something about it. cool, with not necessary extra stress, I'll wear something nice and I'll be OK. I'm not going to spend in useless things , I can pick up after myself and my house will be clean enough , People in wheelchairs learn acceptance faster than us , because they want

to life a happy fulfilling life. and they can do everything we all do if it doesn't involve walking and is OK. Same with us we don't like to be fat but as I woke up this morning I am and is OK. And only today I can do something about it like listen to my body needs. not my mind, because mind has not physical limitations, so it can never be fill. but my body does. oh well, I don't know, whatever. Today I feel grateful that fatness can be dissolve gradualy. have a nice day.Norma

Subject: Re: Struggling today...To: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 10:49 PM

Thanks for your encouragement. I understand IE is a destination (I like how you said that!) I've followed another IE "plan" once before and lost weight, but once I got there I reverted to old patterns and gained it back. I want to be able to eat intuitively as a way of life (although it is hard to get away from thinking of foods as bad & good, etc.) It's difficult to accept my weight as it is, because obviously I want it to be different! Not crazy hollywood skinny different, but what I know is healthier for me. I don't think that means that I don't accept myself...we all have things we want to change about ourselves and that's not necessarily a bad thing. But I do like your thoughts on liking myself right now, in this moment, as is...I know that's something I've struggled with (and yes, I realize I sound like I just contracted myself! ;) ).And someone else asked if I have the IE book...not

yet. I've read another book w/ similar teachings and that's what I've been going by, from memory as I no longer have that book either! Guess I'll have to look into the IE book.Thanks again,> > From: jennyl531 <jennyl531@. ..>>

Subject: [intuitiveEating_ Support] Struggling today...> To: IntuitiveEating_ Support@yahoogro ups.com> Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008, 5:05 PM> > > > > > > I think it's only been about 3-4 days that I've been ie-ing. I know, > that's pretty early with this journey. I've done pretty well the > past couple days, but today is harder for some reason. I haven't > been binging (my normal problem) but I've eaten 3 times today already > when I don't think I've been really hungry, I've just wanted to eat! > I've still probably eaten less than I normally would in a day, but I > hate feeling this drive to eat when I know I shouldn't and then > giving in to it. So, I guess now my challenge is to keep my mind off > what's already done, keep

myself busy and away from the kitchen, and > wait until I'm truly hungry before putting something else in my > mouth! This wasn't easy yesterday as it was my son's b-day. I made > the cake and all the goodies and that would generally set off a major > binge for me, but I kept it together. I guess today I'm making up > for that some ;).> > Anyway, I really like how I'm feeling when I wake up in the > mornings. I feel "lighter", not bloated and yucky from eating too > much before bed the night before. It's actually exciting to wake up > and feel hunger, as opposed to not feeling hungry for hours b/c ate > in the middle of the night. I feel like my body is working more the > way it should. Does that make any sense?> > Thanks for listening... .> >