RemedySpot.com

Re: Technical question about almond flour storage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Bouroubarbour, I purchase mine in 25 lb. quantity. Originally, I divided it into large containers and put them in my freezer. This was a bad idea as they were rock hard and I had to chip away at the flour to get the amount needed. Now, I immediately separate the 25 lb quantity into large ziplock bags. In these I put 5 cups, which is the amount I use for my fave bread recipe. In the freezer they go. The remaining portion I put in a 5 lb container in the freezer section of my fridge to pull out for recipes in which I use smaller quantities (anything from 1/2 - 2.5 cups, etc.). It will, especially if it's finely ground, stick together in clumps. That's another advantage of freezing it in smaller quantities in the baggies -- flatten them out and release the air, then seal. They stack nicely this way, too. When you're ready to use it, pop the chunks or rock

hard bits along w/ the rest and give it a whirl in the food processor to break it up and render it fine again. -Debra bouroubarbour wrote: I just received 15 pounds of almond flour. I believe it is better to keep it in the freezer. Should I keep it in separate smaller packages? I am afraid it will all stick together. Does it?How do you keep yours?Thanks Bourouba

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Thank you so much Debra,

This is precisely the kind of information I was hoping for.

Bourouba

> I just received 15 pounds of almond flour.

>

> I believe it is better to keep it in the freezer. Should I keep it in separate

smaller

packages? I

> am afraid it will all stick together. Does it?

>

> How do you keep yours?

>

> Thanks

>

> Bourouba

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>