RemedySpot.com

Re: Juice Plus vs. Mona Vie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree with what Wanda is saying that the Juices and Mona Vie have way too many phenols for children with autism - just the Malvin Phenol problem alone which is everything blue and red effects neurological functioning. And the Eniva Vibe is a great source of nutrients in an absorbable form.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Thank you for your feedbackIs DMG the same as glutamine?

DMG is Dimethyglycine http://www.autismwebsite.com/aRI/newsletter/dmg2.htm

Actually Vit. B15 which can help speech in some children with autism. It increases muscle tone, helps utilize oxygen in the brain and is effective in supporting the lungs.

Glutamine on the other hand is a non essential amino acid which mean it can be made by humans and so is not essential to the human diet. Glutamine is very effective in increasing the muscle tissue of the GI tract and healing the GI tract when there is yeast, fungus and gut dysbiosis and intestinal permeability (Leaky Gut). Many athletes use it for muscle recovery. However, Glutamine is a glutamate (from Glutamic Acid) and that means that it can cross a permeated blood brain barrier and trigger an excitotoxin reaction with the glutamate receptors causing the brain to keep misfiring causing cell death (apoptosis). This happens many time with children with autism, people with neurdegenerative diseases and autoimmune disorders. The child would get very hyperactive, not sleep well, and most definitely have cognitive dysfunction. This is one of the causes of oxidative stress - so neuroprotective supplements are used to help protect the brain from this problem. COQ10, Pycnogenol, Vit. E, Gingko Biloba, L-theanine and many others. Basically many Antioxidants. However, the other issue would be to make sure your child is not having any glutamate - such as glutamine, MSG, Aspartame, Gluten, Casein (23% glutamate) and there are many other foods. Dr. Amy Yasko has info on her website and Dr. Russel Blaylock wrote a book called "The Taste That Kills" and many articles on autism and neuroprotection which explains about this.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Is Eniva Vibe another detox juice? Would you suggest it?

not it's not detox it's nutritional onlyNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

I wanted to clarify that Juice Plus is capsules. I take them and I believe I have more energy. When I forget them I have much less mental and physical energy. I've been told that you can open the capsules and sprinkle them on food or into a drink for someone who doesn't take pills.

Also, I wanted to share that when we gave our son DMG his talking increased noticeably. Neighbors were even asking me what I had done. After a while we decided that it was also making him more hyperactive and stopped. The language gains remained! In hind sight, I wish I had tried breaking the pills into smaller pieces. They were sublingual and tasted like sugar.

Thank you for your feedbackIs DMG the same as glutamine? Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

From: badillo9aolDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:29:43 EDTTo: <sList >Subject: Re: Juice Plus vs. Mona Vie

In a message dated 10/13/2008 2:27:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, detcindyanderson writes:

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Mona Vie has many fruits but it's main ingredient is a COX II Inhibitor which helps with inflammatory conditions, but not necessarily brain inflammation more joint. There is a much better anti-inflammatory which the body creates itself because it's the master antioxidant and that is Glutathione. In that case you are better off with MAX GXL which has all the precursors to have the body create it's own glutathione or Post Pharmacy makes a transdermal Glutathione Cream with a prescription.

Juice Plus is just a lot of fruit and veggies in a juice. It's not that they are not good, but they are very expensive. There are other companies out there that are not so expensive - and even organic.

Badillo

Hi!

Is Eniva Vibe another detox juice? Would you suggest it?

Fabiola

I agree with what Wanda is saying that the Juices and Mona Vie have way too many phenols for children with autism - just the Malvin Phenol problem alone which is everything blue and red effects neurological functioning. And the Eniva Vibe is a great source of nutrients in an absorbable form.

DMG is dimethylglycine--click here for benefits for autism (contributes toward methylation repair)

http://www.supplementnews.org/dimethylglycine/

Glutamine or glutamte is essential for learning BUT you have to be careful with it because if the child is not able to convert Glutamine to GABA then glutamine can act as an excitotoxin and cause cell death (see http://www.dramyyasko.com/Publications/39BC94DD-846B-4545-8DE3-DD6069EF1C33.html )

Glutathione is the body's primary antioxidant and a major contributor to help repair the damaged methylation cycle which is imperative for the body to detox. Dr Bock in his book "Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies" says this is one of the first supplements he adds to most if not all of his clients.

http://www.supplementnews.org/glutathione/

Hope this helps,

Wanda

In a message dated 10/13/2008 2:27:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, detcindyanderson writes:

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Mona Vie has many fruits but it's main ingredient is a COX II Inhibitor which helps with inflammatory conditions, but not necessarily brain inflammation more joint. There is a much better anti-inflammatory which the body creates itself because it's the master antioxidant and that is Glutathione. In that case you are better off with MAX GXL which has all the precursors to have the body create it's own glutathione or Post Pharmacy makes a transdermal Glutathione Cream with a prescription.

Juice Plus is just a lot of fruit and veggies in a juice. It's not that they are not good, but they are very expensive. There are other companie

s out there that are not so expensive - and even organic.

Badillo

Dear Wanda,

Do you know Viavente?

Fabiola

In a message dated 10/13/2008 2:27:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, detcindyanderson@ yahoo.com writes:

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Juice Plus is just a lot of fruit and veggies in a juice. It's not that they are not good, but they are very expensive. There are other companie s out there that are not so expensive - and even organic.

Badillo

We also have seen great things with DMG. The DMG tablets do not have folic acid in them. When I first gave my son DMG we used the tablets. Many years later we were told to try the liquid DMG from Kirkman Labs. It has folic acid in it. The folic acid tends to not make them hyper. If you use the tablets, you should supplement it with folic acid.

From the Autism Research Institute website:

"A small percentage of autistic children become hyperactive when given DMG. That is their way of telling you they need more folic acid. Folic acid, a B vitamin, may be bought in 800 mcg tablets or capsules. Two of the 800 mcg folic acid tablets with each DMG will usually solve this problem."

RM

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Subject: Re: Juice Plus vs. Mona VieTo: sList Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 1:10 PM

I wanted to clarify that Juice Plus is capsules. I take them and I believe I have more energy. When I forget them I have much less mental and physical energy. I've been told that you can open the capsules and sprinkle them on food or into a drink for someone who doesn't take pills.

Also, I wanted to share that when we gave our son DMG his talking increased noticeably. Neighbors were even asking me what I had done. After a while we decided that it was also making him more hyperactive and stopped. The language gains remained! In hind sight, I wish I had tried breaking the pills into smaller pieces. They were sublingual and tasted like sugar.

Thank you for your feedbackIs DMG the same as glutamine? Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

From: badillo9aol (DOT) comDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:29:43 EDTTo: <sList@ yahoogroups. com>Subject: Re: Juice Plus vs. Mona Vie

In a message dated 10/13/2008 2:27:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, detcindyanderson@ yahoo.com writes:

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Juice Plus is just a lot of fruit and veggies in a juice. It's not that they are not good, but they are very expensive. There are other companies out there that are not so expensive - and even organic.

Badillo

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!

no but I will be glad to research it--do you have info?

Wanda

Dear Wanda,

Do you know Viavente?

Fabiola

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Juice Plus is just a lot of fruit and veggies in a juice. It's not that they are not good, but they are very expensive. There are other companie s out there that are not so expensive - and even organic.

Badillo

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at yo

ur destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Our DAN! doctor indicated the Max GXL either exacerbates yeast (if one is vulnerable to this) or causes it. I think exacerbates it if I recall. Just something to consider...

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Badillo

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race while you browse - Download Now!

Our DAN! doctor indicated the Max GXL either exacerbates yeast (if one is vulnerable to this) or causes it. I think exacerbates it if I recall. Just something to consider...

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Badillo

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race while you browse - Download Now!

Yes the N Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) can stir up yeast and must be monitored. We rotate with several natural anti fungals in order to combat this. (Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oil of Oregano. Aloe Vera Liquid, Waiora Natural Cellular Defense). But he is right. Yeast is a constant battle in this enviornment unfortunately. But it's a tradeoff too because mercury is a definite precursor to yeast, so you have to build up the glutathione in the body so as to get rid of the mercury. DAN's of yesteryear used to go back and forth. They would chelate and then that would stir up yeast so they would take a break from chelation in order to get the yeast back down. Now I think most are realizing that it is possible to treat both at the same time.

Wanda

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Badillo

Yes the N Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) can stir up yeast and must be monitored. We rotate with several natural anti fungals in order to combat this. (Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oil of Oregano. Aloe Vera Liquid, Waiora Natural Cellular Defense). But he is right. Yeast is a constant battle in this enviornment unfortunately. But it's a tradeoff too because mercury is a definite precursor to yeast, so you have to build up the glutathione in the body so as to get rid of the mercury. DAN's of yesteryear used to go back and forth. They would chelate and then that would stir up yeast so they would take a break from chelation in order to get the yeast back down. Now I think most are realizing that it is possible to treat both at the same time.

Wanda

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Badillo

I am not sure why your DAN physician thinks that the MAX GXL increases yeast. There is no indication by the ingredients that this would be factual. However, the Max GXL has sulphur based amino acids and glutamine (a glutamate) which would probably not be tolerated by children with autism that cannot tolerate sulphur because their GI tracts are still very toxic and/ or if they have a permeated blood brain barrier due to the leaky gut that would trigger excitotoxicity reactions with the glutamine.

Therefore, the Max does much better with children that are high functioning autism.

Stan Kurtz refers to it as "carpet bombing"

:-)

I also heard glutathione is not effective when taken orally and going into the digestive system. I think that is why it is made into a lotion and IV. My son is on the IV form of glutathione, NAC and Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C).

Mona Vie and Juice Plus

Badillo