RemedySpot.com

Alert system for missing children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RE: Your response from Senator Bill

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator , please use the form on his Web site: http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#emailDear Mrs. :Thank you for contacting me about legislation to establish a National Silver Alert system. As the threat of Alzheimer's disease touches more lives, the safety and security of those with Alzheimer's or dementia-related illnesses will continue to be of tremendous concern to us all.Seniors who suffer from varying levels of dementia frequently get confused and wander off. Some don’t make it past the neighborhood, while those who are more mobile or have access to a car can make it dozens--if not hundreds--of miles, often without realizing they’ve even left their hometown.In Florida, an organization based in Fort Lauderdale called A Child Is Missing assists families with locating missing seniors and children. I am a cosponsor of A Child Is Missing Alert and Recovery Center Act, S.2667, a bill that provides annual funds to this valuable organization. The bill is pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee.There are two bills in the House of Representatives that would augment and integrate silver alert notification systems in the U.S. H.R. 6064 passed the House on September 17, 2008, while H.R. 5898 is pending before the House Judiciary Committee. Should either bill come before the Senate, I will be sure to take your thoughts and the safety of our seniors into consideration.Please don’t hesitate to contact me with future concerns.P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm