RemedySpot.com

Exceptional Theatre Company - Drama Classes for Special Needs Individuals - Debbie Lombard

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear parents, friends, colleagues & physicians,

I wanted to share a very moving experience I witnessed today...My son attends Divine Academy, and has been doing so for over two years now...During that time, he has done many wonderful things, but last year he began taking part in "drama" classes by way of a very unique company called "The Exceptional Theatre Company" (ETC), you can visit their website at www.etcsfl.org.

They are a non-Profit Organization that teaches special needs individuals of all ages about acting and theatre. Today, I was able to actually see my son sing, act and participate in a way that completely amazed me. I have heard about how much enjoys his "drama" classes at school, as well as working with Debbie Lombard (program director), but I had not personally seen it myself because everytime I would try to watch him perform, he would clam up and not do anything...All that changed today when he actually did it all!! ETC is offering free classes on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30pm-5:30pm that are being funded by a grant. Since loves his drama classes so much during school hours, I decided to register him for these after school classes, and I am soooo glad I did!!!

Debbie has such an amazing way of reaching out to the special needs population that she is able to bring out the best in them, given their individual limitations.

I encourage any of you who have special needs children, or know someone with special needs, to take a few minutes and visit ETC's website, call Debbie or e-mail her so that you can see for yourselves what I am raving about.

If any of you are interested in more information or to sign your children up for classes, in this wonderful service to the special needs community, please contact Debbie Lombard at or e-mail her at debbie@....

I greatly believe in referrals and if I am pleased with what I see or experience anywhere and with anything, I will let everyone know about it.

I look forward to seeing you all at the upcoming classes so that you too can experience what I did today.

Respectfully,

Shashaty