RemedySpot.com

Re:rotisserie chicken

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Jodi,

I used to (pre SCD) use these chickens frequently away from home, they make great chicken salad. I was checking the other day though and Walmart's specifically use sugar. I think the real question to ask is whether the chicken is premarinated. Who knows whats in it. I would imagine any kind of spice mixture could be rubbed, marinated or added after cooking to make them look more yummy. Since you are gas-less do you have a george forman grill? You can usually pick them up cheap and you can grill veggies also. You can also brown hamburger/ground chicken in the micro if you add water and stir frequently. I make a great scrambled eggs in the micro, again lots of stirring.

I personally don't trust store bought chickens any more, but I also don't have any "freindly" markets around.

Good Luck!

UC 1/08

SCD 12?07

Have any of you tried the Aroma Convection Oven (turbo oven)? It's supposed to take the place of microwave ovens and cook food 50% faster than a typical oven.

http://shop.mercola.com/Electronics___Appliances-Aroma_Convection_Oven_AST___900E-P381.aspx

Re:rotisserie chicken

Hey Jodi,

I used to (pre SCD) use these chickens frequently away from home, they make great chicken salad. I was checking the other day though and Walmart's specifically use sugar. I think the real question to ask is whether the chicken is premarinated. Who knows whats in it. I would imagine any kind of spice mixture could be rubbed, marinated or added after cooking to make them look more yummy. Since you are gas-less do you have a george forman grill? You can usually pick them up cheap and you can grill veggies also. You can also brown hamburger/ground chicken in the micro if you add water and stir frequently. I make a great scrambled eggs in the micro, again lots of stirring.

I personally don't trust store bought chickens any more, but I also don't have any "freindly" markets around.

Good Luck!

UC 1/08

SCD 12?07

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.