RemedySpot.com

Re: Do we have a professional directory?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The best, most up to date directory of services is maintained by Broward County 2-1-1 First Call For Help. Just dial 2-1-1 and ask for Billie or Rhonda.

Do we have a professional directory?

Hello,

Do we have a collected directory, from members of services for

our kids? People that would be reccomended for therapies, etc.

I was just wondering...

Mel

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1671 - Release Date: 9/14/2008 7:16 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1673 - Release Date: 9/15/2008 6:49 PM

Looking for spoilers and reviews on the new TV season? Get AOL's ultimate guide to fall TV.

• 4 weeks later...

HI,

I don't know you, but I wanted you to know that I have been working on a booklet for families who are looking for services. I am going to be presenting it to my local fire station. (THey helped me so much one day when my daughter needed help..long story) I was so surprized that my local community rescue agencies etc. had little to NO info on where to send or rec. families for help. So..as you may have already guessed, I have been putting to gether my own resource list. Sort of gathering info for all area, and agencies. Not to put 211 down in any way, they are a wonderful help for many poeple. However, I was avle to obtain thier list! I have found that several people or places on the list are no longer on the list, or numbers have cxhanged etc.

I have been asking may people to share their information with me so I can help others like myself. However, getting people to share their info regarding therapists etc. is very hard to do. If you have any local agencies where you live(I am in Palm Beach) I would love to add them to my list. Another problem I have found is finding people who Speak Spanish who can help others learn where to obtain therapies etc.

Please get back to me if you would like to help,

Skys Mom

In a message dated 9/15/2008 8:37:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, g8trdoc81@bellsouth .net writes:

Do we have a collected directory, from members of services forour kids? People that would be reccomended for therapies, etc.I was just wondering...

211 First Call for Help is an amazing service that we have in Broward County. They keep an up to date list of a vast array of providers for our kids and adults with disabilities.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Call your local CARD Center.

To: sList From: mylittleskydreams@...Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:25:43 -0700Subject: Re: Do we have a professional directory?

HI,

I don't know you, but I wanted you to know that I have been working on a booklet for families who are looking for services. I am going to be presenting it to my local fire station. (THey helped me so much one day when my daughter needed help..long story) I was so surprized that my local community rescue agencies etc. had little to NO info on where to send or rec. families for help. So..as you may have already guessed, I have been putting to gether my own resource list. Sort of gathering info for all area, and agencies. Not to put 211 down in any way, they are a wonderful help for many poeple. However, I was avle to obtain thier list! I have found that several people or places on the list are no longer on the list, or numbers have cxhanged etc.

I have been asking may people to share their information with me so I can help others like myself. However, getting people to share their info regarding therapists etc. is very hard to do. If you have any local agencies where you live(I am in Palm Beach) I would love to add them to my list. Another problem I have found is finding people who Speak Spanish who can help others learn where to obtain therapies etc.

Skys Mom

In a message dated 9/15/2008 8:37:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, g8trdoc81@bellsouth .net writes:

Do we have a collected directory, from members of services forour kids? People that would be reccomended for therapies, etc.I was just wondering...

211 First Call for Help is an amazing service that we have in Broward County. They keep an up to date list of a vast array of providers for our kids and adults with disabilities.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from . Learn Now

Our agency is in Broward County. Our office is at: 2118 Tyler Street, Hollywood, FL 33020 . We offer ST, OT and PT both in office and on site (i.e. home, school, etc.)

Sincerely,

Dr. Sheri Feldman

Director

Dr. Sheri Feldman, Ed.D. CCC-SLP & Associates, PA

HI,

Skys Mom

Do we have a collected directory, from members of services for

our kids? People that would be reccomended for therapies, etc.

I was just wondering

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets†from . Learn Now

There is a directory called "Connections for Kids". It is produced by Mental Health Association of Broward County with funding from Broward County.

It is a service guide for all children, but is more for children with learning or other disabilities or from troubled households, etc. There are many agencies & programs.

ARC is in there, FND, CARD, FDLRS, etc.

There is lots of information, besides it being just a directory--there's about 150 pages.

There may be specific autism therapists in there, I just didn't see any off hand. However, I have the 2007 version. There is an application for inclusion right in the book in the back.

And providers are encouraged to advise "connections for kids" of "additional themes, topics, or changes that will make next year's book even more useful....".

The guide is availabe online at www.mhabroward.org.

Maybe someone (anyone?) should suggest to them a specific "autism therapists" section.

And all therapists that are now reading this should perhaps please apply for inclusion in the guide?!

Diane