RemedySpot.com

Turning a corner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

I wanted to share my latest with SCD.

As some of you may know I have had UC for over 10 Years and have been around SCD for at least 2 years. I had a hard time with my meds. To try and keep it short... I thought I was one of the ones that could not be helped by SCD even If I kept 100% compliant. Everytime I came off Prednisone I would flare.

This past year I started 6MP- 75 mg, and I was able to get off the Prednisone, Just in time to move my family down to North Carolina. I would like to blame the stress of the move, but the truth is I started to go off the diet. At first very little then back to my old SAD diet.

I said to myself that the 6MP was the cure and I was going to take advantage of it. I began to make a list of all the food I missed and started eating them one at a time. At first all I did was gain 25lbs of weight that I didn't need back. For those who know me, I lost over 100lbs when I first started the diet.

Needless to say, one day my old symptoms started to come back. In a panic I jumped back into my SCD diet and went to a Doctor who started me on Prednisone. Due to an error, my new prescription of 6MP was drooped to 50mgs. I went along with it because I never liked what I read about the drug, also if I flared while on it, there was no reason to take more of it.

On a later visit to the Doctor, he said due to my size he wanted me on 100mg of 6MP. I told him that I wanted to stay with the 50mg, we both agreed that if I started to flare when I came off the Prednisone I would go up to 100mg. Well, after I came off the Prednisone a few weeks later I started to notice some tale, tale signs of my past flares coming back. Examples would be, dry itchy patches that would show up in a symmetrical pattern. If I found one today on my right biceps then I could expect one on my left biceps tomorrow. I made an appointment to see the Doctor and he immediately said to up the dose of 6MP to 100mg.

Due to another error on the pharmacies part I didn't start the new dose of 6MP right away but I did have time to make an appointment with a demonologist in regard to the symmetrical dry patches. When He found out that I had UC and had come off Prednisone he said he had seen this before and gave me a prescription cream. He also said I need to give my body 2 weeks to 2 months to start producing the needed natural steroids that had stopped due to the Prednisone.

I am very happy to say that I feel great, and I have not increased the 6MP . I should not have gone off the diet, but I guess we all loose faith once in a while. Thats really why im writing, just to say, dont give up. Everyone is different and some take more time to come around.

All The Best, LouCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.