RemedySpot.com

SCD-legal liquid/pureed foods?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,My question may get into territory that's more "medical" than "diet-related", but I thought I'd pose it and see if anyone had ideas. I have a condition called Gastroparesis, where my stomach empties slower than normal. Sometimes this condition flares up, as when I'm stressed or get a cold/flu virus. When I'm flaring, I have to change my diet to be more liquid than solid, as doing so gives my gut a rest. Since I've started SCD, this is my first flare, so I'm a newbie at modifying the SCD to accommodate my stomach condition. That's why I'm coming to you for some suggestions. I'm looking for recommendations on simple, liquified or pureed foods to get me through the next week or so. For the first few days, I need to be on clear liquids. After that, I can start adding pureed

foods (like pureed squash soup, for example.) I'm not worried about weight loss so I don't need high-fat or high-calorie foods, just nourishing foods. Your suggestions for recipes or nourishing drinks (like the SCD electrolyte solution, etc.) would be very much appreciated. I am considering purchasing a juicer, as it occurs to me that this is one way to get some good minerals/nutrients in easy-to-assimilate form. If you have suggestions there, I'll take them too.Thanks a million, Nina in MA

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.