RemedySpot.com

Re: blender/food processor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think a food processor is a good investment. I never owned one before scd, and I use one now as much as I use my hand electic mixer. Even if I went off scd, I would be glad I bought it. I believe you are supposed to take out the celery and onion after the soup is done cooking, but puree your carrots and add them back in. I would follow the intro like it suggest with constipation or diareah. You probably will only do the intro for 2-3 days anyhow. A food processor is really nice for mixing the dry curd cheese and egg/ honey mixtures.... making mayonaise...or salsa.......or any other veggie puree too. Yogurt makers? Good luck with your diet. sandy scd 4 months uc since 2004 ane_kua

wrote: there's one-day sale at amazon for kitchen appliances etc... i waswondering if there's anything essential for the scd diet? (for examplethe intro diet asks that one blends the carrot and celery. is thatabsolutely necessary even tho' i don't have diarrhea? my main problemis more constipation than diarrhea...)if there's something that will be used a lot on the scd diet, i'd liketo take this chance to purchase something. any

suggestions?

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

>

> there's one-day sale at amazon for kitchen appliances etc... i was

> wondering if there's anything essential for the scd diet? (for example

> the intro diet asks that one blends the carrot and celery. is that

> absolutely necessary even tho' i don't have diarrhea? my main problem

> is more constipation than diarrhea...)

Hi ane,

It's not absolutely necessary, but it's actually very helpful

for constipation as Elaine and Marilyn both recommend

eating very soft foods for constipation.

> if there's something that will be used a lot on the scd diet, i'd like

> to take this chance to purchase something.

>

> any suggestions?

muffin pans, baking equipment, anything cast iron - especially

if you have iron deficiency, cooking pots, blender, kitchen aid

mix master - although you can always get that for a good price

at costco, Foreman grill, Etc. It all depends on what

you have to begin with.

Mara

Guest guest

thanks all.

did you guys get ravenously hungry after a few days on the intro diet?

i did (even tho' i didn't blend the carrots) and that was when the

sense of deprivation started to kick in. and i just felt really

grossed out by eating all that meat as i had to eat a lot more of it

to kind of feel full. (and i'm a pretty big meat eater!)

what's the difference between a blender and an immersion blender, misty?

thanks.

> there's one-day sale at amazon for kitchen appliances

etc... i was

> wondering if there's anything essential for the scd diet? (for example

> the intro diet asks that one blends the carrot and celery. is that

> absolutely necessary even tho' i don't have diarrhea? my main problem

> is more constipation than diarrhea...)

>

> if there's something that will be used a lot on the scd diet, i'd like

> to take this chance to purchase something.

>

> any suggestions?

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

>

Guest guest

and yes, i already have a yogurt maker - i have the eurocuisine one.

the yogurt is quite delicious. i'm now using cow's milk instead of

goat's milk, and it's less tart.

Guest guest

an immersion blender is a handheld blender with the blade on the bottom so you only have to stick it down in the pot to blend or puree. it works great for homemade tomato soup. so far, that's really all i've used it for besides when i was intro and then i'd separate the chicken from the veggies, add the veggies back to the broth and puree it with the immersion blender. here's an example. the one i got comes with a drink mixer, a whisk and a blade. the blade is great for pureeing, the whisk is great for making fluffy omelets. i haven't used the other attacment though. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8467291 it's really good for pureeing big batches so you don't have to add it in batches to the blender; which can be tedious. Misty Kimble, LA CD SCD - Jan

5 08 ane_kua wrote: thanks all.did you guys get ravenously hungry after a few days on the intro diet?i did (even tho' i didn't blend the carrots) and that was when thesense of deprivation started to kick in. and i just felt reallygrossed out by eating all that meat as i had to eat a lot more of itto kind of feel full. (and i'm a pretty big meat eater!)what's the difference between a blender and an immersion blender, misty?thanks.---

In BTVC-SCD , Misty Kimble wrote:>> yogurt maker - but i think you said in another post you already have one> > stock pot - for making the chicken soup and stocks; though thisisn't necessary; i stayed on chicken soup for 2 weeks before beingable to advance my diet so for me it was necessary.> > blender - (already had one) even though you don't have D, i thinkblending the fruits and veggies for the first few days helps with asensitive digestive tract.> > immersion blender - this was so helpful for me because i had tostay intro so long and blending the veggies for the chicken soup in myblender got very tedious. i picked it up at wal mart for $20> > because of all the chopping and dicing cooking homemade foods, ipicked up a mini food processor at a yard sale for $5. it has beenvery

helpful.> > my wish list contains a excalibur 9 tray dehydrator and an icecream maker. those will have to come later because they are prettyexpensive. > > Misty Kimble> , LA> CD> SCD - Jan 5 08> > ane_kua wrote:> there's one-day sale at amazon for kitchen appliancesetc... i was> wondering if there's anything essential for the scd diet? (for example> the intro diet asks that one blends the carrot and celery. is that> absolutely necessary even tho' i don't have diarrhea? my main problem> is more constipation than diarrhea...)> > if there's something that will be used a lot on the scd diet, i'd like> to take this chance to purchase something. > > any suggestions?> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why

Blockbuster's offering you one month ofBlockbuster Total Access, No Cost.>

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.