RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: SCD and Migraines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Addie

I can offer some personal experiences on whether chronic migraines and headaches are helped by SCD. Yes, the frequency and intensity of my daily headaches, and monthly migraines, has declined since being on SCD. But I have to admit that I think my headaches have improved due to SCD, but my migraines have improved because of my hysterectomy/oopherectomy 4 years ago. I still get mild headaches off and on throughout the day due to my metabolism (and faulty nervous system), but they're a lot milder now that I'm not ingesting any preservatives and additives. And I still get migraines but now they're triggered more by stress and come about once every 2 months instead of twice a month because of hormonal shifts.

But then my digestive disorders are directly connected to migraines/headaches and vice versa. My primary digestive disorder is Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, which affects mostly women who get frequent migraines. And I certainly have a faulty nervous system; I keep developing some new neurological condition. So I don't expect to stop having occasional migraines.

Guess what I'm saying is that in my case, SCD has helped with headaches and my overall health but isn't entirely responsible for the reduction in migraines. However SCD has still given me a lot of positives -- I'll take a reduction in headache intensity even if it hasn't completely stopped my migraines! And SCD has certainly improved my digestion, which is the most important benefit. I cope a lot better when my pain and nausea levels are minimal.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, GP, IBS-C 5 years

various neurological conditions 2+ years

faulty gait mechanics 6 months

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Has anyone ever heard any information or experiences that suggest thatthe SCD might help to alleviate migrane headaches? AddieUC 8yrs.SCD 3 weeks