RemedySpot.com

RE: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Personally, I think the physicians at the Dan Marino Center are

wonderful, especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of

anyone better to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and monitor

medication as needed.

sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf

Of Busch

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:40 AM

To: sList

Subject: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for

formal ASD eval

If you already know that your

child is on the spectrum

I don't feel that there is any reason to see Dr. Gadia.

During my son's second visit to see him at Dan Marino

he had Dr. Coe, the psychologist do a formal eval.

Dr. Coe diagnosed him with PDD-NOS. He was 2 1/2 at the time.

After our first visit, he only suggested that I put him in the Smile group

there at DM and moniter his progress. I guess at that time he seemed like he

may have only had a speech delay. Smile is a speech and language based

pre-school type group that was great for him once we got him in. (

Tarshis is wonderful!)

If you feel the need to get an evaluation done, which I do understand,

I would reccomend that you ask ahead of time if they can set this eval up

with the psychiatrist also during for your first visit, so you don't have to

go back again to get it. Also, request that your summary of your visit and

your eval be typed out, so you can read it. Otherwise you might get a

scribbled on piece of paper, like I did. I had to be pushy with the front

desk staff at the time and ask for a supervisor in order to eventually get

some paperwork back from them that I could read. I also requested a typed

letter from them with his diagnosis on it.

Dr. Gadia and The Dan Marino Center come highly reccomended and I do respect

them both. I do wish though, that during that very first visit, he had

recommended that I seek not only the Speech Therapy he was already getting

through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been a big help to

have that letter from them after that first visit instead of several months

later.

One more thing...I don't think that your child being on the diet has anthing

to do with seeing Dr. Gadia. I don't think that one has to do with the other.

It's your choice to follow the diet, his recommendations will have more to do

with getting an EEG or a formal diagnosis.

Good Luck to you!

I have an appointment with the neurology Dr

DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with her?

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008

2:34 PM

Subject: RE: Re:What

neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Hi,

Personally, I think the physicians at the Dan Marino Center are wonderful, especially Dr.

Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of anyone better to go to for

an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and monitor medication

as needed.

[mailto:sList ]

On Behalf Of Busch

12:40 AM

Subject: Re:What

If you already

know that your child is on the spectrum

During my son's second visit to

see him at Dan Marino

Tarshis is wonderful!)

through Early Steps but, OT and ABA

as well. It would have been a big help to have that letter from them after

that first visit instead of several months later.

Good Luck to you!

Not very good...would never recommend her. Basically wanted to put my 2 1/2 year old on Ritalin for ADHD after 10 minutes with him. He was diagnosed with DD, PDD - NOS, and eventually Autism through the school system and Dr. Tuchman and Dr. Torocsik at Dan Marino Center. When we didn't like her diagnosis and recommendations, she told us we were "in denial"...then we walked out. How does anyone do an evaluation in 10 minutes, then speak to a parent like that? Have heard many other horror stories about her and her associate too.

Robin

I have an appointment with the neurology Dr DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with her?

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of KarpSent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:34 PMTo: sList Subject: RE: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Hi,

Personally, I think the physicians at the Dan Marino Center are wonderful, especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of anyone better to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and monitor medication as needed.

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of BuschSent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:40 AMTo: sList Subject: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

If you already know that your child is on the spectrumI don't feel that there is any reason to see Dr. Gadia.During my son's second visit to see him at Dan Marinohe had Dr. Coe, the psychologist do a formal eval.Dr. Coe diagnosed him with PDD-NOS. He was 2 1/2 at the time.After our first visit, he only suggested that I put him in the Smile group there at DM and moniter his progress. I guess at that time he seemed like he may have only had a speech delay. Smile is a speech and language based pre-school type group that was great for him once we got him in. ( Tarshis is wonderful!)If you feel the need to get an evaluation done, which I do understand,I would reccomend that you ask ahead of time if they can set this eval up with the psychiatrist also during for your first visit, so you don't have to go back again to get it. Also, request that your summary of your visit and your eval be typed out, so you can read it. Otherwise you might get a scribbled on piece of paper, like I did. I had to be pushy with the front desk staff at the time and ask for a supervisor in order to eventually get some paperwork back from them that I could read. I also requested a typed letter from them with his diagnosis on it.Dr. Gadia and The Dan Marino Center come highly reccomended and I do respect them both. I do wish though, that during that very first visit, he had recommended that I seek not only the Speech Therapy he was already getting through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been a big help to have that letter from them after that first visit instead of several months later.One more thing...I don't think that your child being on the diet has anthing to do with seeing Dr. Gadia. I don't think that one has to do with the other.It's your choice to follow the diet, his recommendations will have more to do with getting an EEG or a formal diagnosis.Good Luck to you!

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news more!

We had a similar experience with Dr. Dubrowsky, she wanted to put my 9 mos. old baby on an anticonvulsant medication, without trying any further testing. She told us that we were in denial also, and we were going to be responsible if any convulsions happen to our baby. We walked away from her. We took our baby to Dr. Torocsik for a second opinion, and she did further testing. Our baby did not need any medication. Dr. Torocsik (DMC) has been seeing our son since then. She is caring, listen to parents, takes her time with the children, I can't say enough of her. I highly recommend her.

Stay away from Dr. Dubrowsky.

Paz

To: sList From: RLisme1@...Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:04:16 -0500Subject: Re: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Not very good...would never recommend her. Basically wanted to put my 2 1/2 year old on Ritalin for ADHD after 10 minutes with him. He was diagnosed with DD, PDD - NOS, and eventually Autism through the school system and Dr. Tuchman and Dr. Torocsik at Dan Marino Center. When we didn't like her diagnosis and recommendations, she told us we were "in denial"...then we walked out. How does anyone do an evaluation in 10 minutes, then speak to a parent like that? Have heard many other horror stories about her and her associate too.

Robin

In a message dated 11/16/2008 4:16:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net writes:

I have an appointment with the neurology Dr DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with her?

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of KarpSent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:34 PMTo: sList Subject: RE: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Hi,

Personally, I think the physicians at the Dan Marino Center are wonderful, especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of anyone better to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and monitor medication as needed.

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of BuschSent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:40 AMTo: sList Subject: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

If you already know that your child is on the spectrumI don't feel that there is any reason to see Dr. Gadia.During my son's second visit to see him at Dan Marinohe had Dr. Coe, the psychologist do a formal eval.Dr. Coe diagnosed him with PDD-NOS. He was 2 1/2 at the time.After our first visit, he only suggested that I put him in the Smile group there at DM and moniter his progress. I guess at that time he seemed like he may have only had a speech delay. Smile is a speech and language based pre-school type group that was great for him once we got him in. ( Tarshis is wonderful!)If you feel the need to get an evaluation done, which I do understand,I would reccomend that you ask ahead of time if they can set this eval up with the psychiatrist also during for your first visit, so you don't have to go back again to get it. Also, request that your summary of your visit and your eval be typed out, so you can read it. Otherwise you might get a scribbled on piece of paper, like I did. I had to be pushy with the front desk staff at the time and ask for a supervisor in order to eventually get some paperwork back from them that I could read. I also requested a typed letter from them with his diagnosis on it.Dr. Gadia and The Dan Marino Center come highly reccomended and I do respect them both. I do wish though, that during that very first visit, he had recommended that I seek not only the Speech Therapy he was already getting through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been a big help to have that letter from them after that first visit instead of several months later.One more thing...I don't think that your child being on the diet has anthing to do with seeing Dr. Gadia. I don't think that one has to do with the other.It's your choice to follow the diet, his recommendations will have more to do with getting an EEG or a formal diagnosis.Good Luck to you!

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

We had a similar experience with Dr. Dubrowsky, she wanted to put my 9 mos. old baby on an anticonvulsant medication, without trying any further testing. She told us that we were in denial also, and we were going to be responsible if any convulsions happen to our baby. We walked away from her. We took our baby to Dr. Torocsik for a second opinion, and she did further testing. Our baby did not need any medication. Dr. Torocsik (DMC) has been seeing our son since then. She is caring, listen to parents, takes her time with the children, I can't say enough of her. I highly recommend her.

Paz

To: sList From: RLisme1@...Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:04:16 -0500Subject: Re: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Robin

In a message dated 11/16/2008 4:16:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net writes:

Hi,

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Dan Marino Center in Weston

Robin

Do you have Dr Torocsik’s number? And where is the location?

Thanks

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of MARIA LAURA Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:20 PMTo: deniseslist Subject: RE: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

We had a similar experience with Dr. Dubrowsky, she wanted to put my 9 mos. old baby on an anticonvulsant medication, without trying any further testing. She told us that we were in denial also, and we were going to be responsible if any convulsions happen to our baby. We walked away from her. We took our baby to Dr. Torocsik for a second opinion, and she did further testing. Our baby did not need any medication. Dr. Torocsik (DMC) has been seeing our son since then. She is caring, listen to parents, takes her time with the children, I can't say enough of her. I highly recommend her. Stay away from Dr. Dubrowsky.

Paz

To: sList From: RLisme1aolDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:04:16 -0500Subject: Re: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Robin

Hi,

Dan Marino Center in Weston

Robin

Thanks

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of MARIA LAURA Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:20 PMTo: deniseslist Subject: RE: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

We had a similar experience with Dr. Dubrowsky, she wanted to put my 9 mos. old baby on an anticonvulsant medication, without trying any further testing. She told us that we were in denial also, and we were going to be responsible if any convulsions happen to our baby. We walked away from her. We took our baby to Dr. Torocsik for a second opinion, and she did further testing. Our baby did not need any medication. Dr. Torocsik (DMC) has been seeing our son since then. She is caring, listen to parents, takes her time with the children, I can't say enough of her. I highly recommend her. Stay away from Dr. Dubrowsky.

Paz

To: sList From: RLisme1aolDate: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:04:16 -0500Subject: Re: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Robin

Hi,

Do you have Dr Torocsik’s number? And where

is the location?

Thanks

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008

10:20 PM

To: deniseslist

We had a similar experience with Dr. Dubrowsky, she wanted to put my 9 mos. old

baby on an anticonvulsant medication, without trying any further testing. She

told us that we were in denial also, and we were going to be responsible if any

convulsions happen to our baby. We walked away from her. We took our baby to

Dr. Torocsik for a second opinion, and she did further testing. Our baby did

not need any medication. Dr. Torocsik (DMC) has been seeing our son since then.

She is caring, listen to parents, takes her time with the children, I can't say

enough of her. I highly recommend her.

Paz

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:04:16 -0500

Subject: Re: Re:What neurologist would you recommend for formal

ASD eval

Not very

good...would never recommend her. Basically wanted to put my 2 1/2 year

old on Ritalin for ADHD after 10 minutes with him. He was diagnosed with

DD, PDD - NOS, and eventually Autism through the school system and Dr. Tuchman

and Dr. Torocsik at Dan

Marino Center.

When we didn't like her diagnosis and recommendations, she told us we were

" in denial " ...then we walked out. How does anyone do an

evaluation in 10 minutes, then speak to a parent like that? Have heard

many other horror stories about her and her associate too.

Robin

In a message

dated 11/16/2008 4:16:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net

writes:

I have an appointment with the neurology

Dr DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with

her?

On Behalf Of Karp

Hi,

Personally, I think the physicians at

the Dan Marino Center

are wonderful, especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of

anyone better to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can

prescribe and monitor medication as needed.

On Behalf Of Busch

If you already know

that your child is on the spectrum

see him at Dan Marino

Tarshis is wonderful!)

through Early Steps but, OT and ABA

as well. It would have been a big help to have that letter from them after

that first visit instead of several months later.

Good Luck to you!

Get

the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news more!

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are

part of your life Click here

I sometimes wonder if the doctors get money for perscribing certain drugs. I also got a persription of Ritalin from her after she came into the exam room with 5 others and my daughter ran around excited to see all these people paying attention to her. Turns out she was manic with Bipolar. Dr. never listened when I told her Miki cried watching Barney and would sleep all weekend. I did some research online myself and learned it was Bipolar. Now 5 years later we have the diagnoses (she also has autism) from pychiatrists.

Jayne, Mikismom

-------------- Original message from RLisme1@...: --------------

Robin

Hi,

I sometimes wonder if the doctors get money for perscribing certain drugs. I also got a persription of Ritalin from her after she came into the exam room with 5 others and my daughter ran around excited to see all these people paying attention to her. Turns out she was manic with Bipolar. Dr. never listened when I told her Miki cried watching Barney and would sleep all weekend. I did some research online myself and learned it was Bipolar. Now 5 years later we have the diagnoses (she also has autism) from pychiatrists.

Jayne, Mikismom

Robin

Hi,

Jayne, Mikismom

Robin

Hi,

I already try to get a second opinion with

another Dr at DMC and they still say that if I change Dr, still be the same

medicine that the previous gave him nothing will change because they all work

together, and that’s the reason why I want another Dr to get a second

opinion since my son has been there since he was diagnose at 18 months and

today he is 6 yrs old. My son it’s not concentrating at school and

that’s why I’m looking for another Dr who will prescribe that kind

of medicine. I guess I will try Dr Debroswky tomorrow so wish me luck..

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1:21 PM

Subject: Re: Re:What

Dan Marino Center in

Weston

Robin

In a message

dated 11/18/2008 11:47:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net

writes:

Thanks

Paz

ASD eval

Not very good...would never recommend

her. Basically wanted to put my 2 1/2 year old on Ritalin for ADHD after

10 minutes with him. He was diagnosed with DD, PDD - NOS, and eventually

Autism through the school system and Dr. Tuchman and Dr. Torocsik at Dan Marino Center.

Robin

In a message dated 11/16/2008

4:16:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net writes:

Dr DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with her?

On Behalf Of Karp

Hi,

the Dan

Marino Center are wonderful,

especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of anyone better

to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and

monitor medication as needed.

On Behalf Of Busch

If you already know that your child is on the

spectrum

see him at Dan Marino

Tarshis is wonderful!)

through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been

a big help to have that letter from them after that first visit instead of

several months later.

Good Luck to you!

Get

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun

that are part of your life Click here

Get

I already try to get a second opinion with

another Dr at DMC and they still say that if I change Dr, still be the same

medicine that the previous gave him nothing will change because they all work

together, and that’s the reason why I want another Dr to get a second

opinion since my son has been there since he was diagnose at 18 months and

today he is 6 yrs old. My son it’s not concentrating at school and

that’s why I’m looking for another Dr who will prescribe that kind

of medicine. I guess I will try Dr Debroswky tomorrow so wish me luck..

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1:21 PM

Subject: Re: Re:What

Dan Marino Center in

Weston

Robin

In a message

dated 11/18/2008 11:47:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net

writes:

Thanks

Paz

ASD eval

Not very good...would never recommend

her. Basically wanted to put my 2 1/2 year old on Ritalin for ADHD after

10 minutes with him. He was diagnosed with DD, PDD - NOS, and eventually

Autism through the school system and Dr. Tuchman and Dr. Torocsik at Dan Marino Center.

Robin

In a message dated 11/16/2008

4:16:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sandrasteinmancomcast (DOT) net writes:

Dr DTatyan Debrowsky very soon, any body wants to share the experience with her?

On Behalf Of Karp

Hi,

the Dan

Marino Center are wonderful,

especially Dr. Heidi Torocsik. I can’t think of anyone better

to go to for an ASD evaluation/diagnosis, and they can prescribe and

monitor medication as needed.

On Behalf Of Busch

If you already know that your child is on the

spectrum

see him at Dan Marino

Tarshis is wonderful!)

through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been

a big help to have that letter from them after that first visit instead of

several months later.

Good Luck to you!

Get

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun

that are part of your life Click here

Get