Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone my daughter is now 3 1/2 she is on the ASD spectrum and

has been receiving therapy since she was 15 mths, she is also on GFCF

diet and under a DAN Drs care all without an " official " ASD Dx. Anhow

we haev an appt for January to see a neuorologist @ the Dan Marino

Center (Dr Gadia) and was wonderign what your experiences were with

the center and if you would recommend them for a formal accurate eval

or if you would recommend another neurologist.

Thanks

Aileen

If you already know that your child is on the spectrumI don't feel that there is any reason to see Dr. Gadia.During my son's second visit to see him at Dan Marinohe had Dr. Coe, the psychologist do a formal eval.Dr. Coe diagnosed him with PDD-NOS. He was 2 1/2 at the time.After our first visit, he only suggested that I put him in the Smile group there at DM and moniter his progress. I guess at that time he seemed like he may have only had a speech delay. Smile is a speech and language based pre-school type group that was great for him once we got him in. ( Tarshis is wonderful!)If you feel the need to get an evaluation done, which I do understand,I would reccomend that you ask ahead of time if they can set this eval up with the psychiatrist also

during for your first visit, so you don't have to go back again to get it. Also, request that your summary of your visit and your eval be typed out, so you can read it. Otherwise you might get a scribbled on piece of paper, like I did. I had to be pushy with the front desk staff at the time and ask for a supervisor in order to eventually get some paperwork back from them that I could read. I also requested a typed letter from them with his diagnosis on it.Dr. Gadia and The Dan Marino Center come highly reccomended and I do respect them both. I do wish though, that during that very first visit, he had recommended that I seek not only the Speech Therapy he was already getting through Early Steps but, OT and ABA as well. It would have been a big help to have that letter from them after that first visit instead of several months later.One more thing...I don't think that your child being on the diet has anthing to do with seeing Dr. Gadia. I don't

think that one has to do with the other.It's your choice to follow the diet, his recommendations will have more to do with getting an EEG or a formal diagnosis.Good Luck to you!

Dubrovsky said my 2 year old had ADD, just like my husband and me!!!!!!!!

First of all, we

don't have ADD. Do you like how she diagnosed us all 3 for the price of one?

And yes, all in

the matter of 10 minutes.

Our son later was diagnosed with PDD at 3 via DMCH.

Dubrovsky said my 2 year old had ADD, just like my husband and me!!!!!!!!

First of all, we

don't have ADD. Do you like how she diagnosed us all 3 for the price of one?

And yes, all in

the matter of 10 minutes.

Our son later was diagnosed with PDD at 3 via DMCH.