Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I cannot speak for the UK. Granted there might not be an iep process but the

reason is for ex in the Scandinavian countries they actually listen to the

parent,they have a psycolog and a fam. Cord. and no need to waist time at iep

meetings where parents many times are not heard anyway. All services are free

incl ABA. And in my county in Florida ESE is a joke. Another reson might be

only 8 in 10,000 kids have asd in comp to 1 in 150 in the US!

Leaving for London?

Hi, all,

I read the post of the lady leaving for London.  Boy, is she in for a shock - I

hope she knows what she's doing.  I have a really good friend of mine who lived

and trained in London working with ASD kids.  As much as we moan and groan about

the state of Florida and all it's warts, there is no ABA certification in London

- people are just winging it.  They don't have ESE programs and inclusion like

the states and IEPs for kids are nowhere near as sophisticated as we have h

Guest guest

Hi :

Thanks so much for your email. I am still getting emails from the list. Where were you in London and which school did your child go? Please let me know. We are leaving for London tomorrow and I am getting very anxious. We have found a good (we hope) school for my son. It is blossom house in Wimbledon. Again, thanks for your encourging words about london.

Durriya

From: zell <phony_engineer@ yahoo.com>Subject: Leaving for London?To: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, 29 June, 2008, 2:37 PM

Hi, all,

I read the post of the lady leaving for London. Boy, is she in for a shock - I hope she knows what she's doing. I have a really good friend of mine who lived and trained in London working with ASD kids. As much as we moan and groan about the state of Florida and all it's warts, there is no ABA certification in London - people are just winging it. They don't have ESE programs and inclusion like the states and IEPs for kids are nowhere near as sophisticated as we have here. Note, I don't know this first-hand, but my friend was extremely impressed with the certification of ESE teachers, DAN! doctors, physios, OTs, SLPs and BCBAs working with our kids. She should stay on the list to keep current of what's happening, because services in London are dismal. If anyone else has a different experience, please let us know.

Jazel

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!