RemedySpot.com

Re: Flushed down the toilet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jayne:

Don't DISTRESS - the School is responsible for replacing her hearing aid because she was on school time. They have insurance for that. Contact you Area District Manager. You have a right to ask for this provided you are in the public school system. If it's private I would still try.

Don't let the District tell you otherwise. It's their responsibility. My son once threw a kids hearing aid out the window of the bus when it fell out of another child's ear. The aids on the bus were suppose to be watching the kids. I wasn't held responsible. They didn't like it but they have insurance for this kind of stuff, so it's not coming out of their pocket.

BadilloLooking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Hi Jane, Is there insurance you can take out on the next coclear device? I would consult a lawyer, to find out if the school is responsible for reimbursing you for your loss. I totally understand your frustration. My youngest two have moderate and severe autism, and it is the most trying 'job' I've ever had. I was a special ed teacher prior to having my boys. The classroom was a piece of cake compared to this situation. As for childcare, I would suggest contacting a local college and posting an ad through their psychology department. You may find a student studying ABA or child psychology, that needs field experience. Sarajadziab@... wrote: I'm heartsick. I get a call today from my daughter's afterschool telling me she got off the school bus

without her Cochlear Device. It was no where in her backpack and no note from the teacher. I go rushing to the school (I knew it wasn't on the bus since she finally got a 1-1 there) to search her classroom. After several calls (the autism coach, the teacher each left a voicemail) I find out that my daughter flushed it down the toilet at 1:30. It now was 5 pm. I guess the loss of a $7,800. medical equipment doesn't warrant an immediate call to the parent. Her IEP states she is to be supervised in the bathroom in three differant places. I give up. I am so angry at her autism right now. At home when I asked her about it she laughed.I fed her dinner and we went out. Of course her PCA hadn't shown up, that's the fifth since Sept 2. I love this medicaid paying for it. None of the medicaid approved agencies have Aids that have any experience with autism. The last one would stand there and say " I can't believe she is doing that SIB" and I would think "I can't believe you are

standing there watching her ( I was across the room) and not doing anything to stop her. My daughter has been manic off and on for 10 days now. Anyway I went out because I was afraid I might take my anger out on her, and she never asked for this either. Sorry to vent....Thanks for listening,JayneMikismom

Jayne,

We've all been there and understand. No one has wished this upon ourselves but we are here and need to look at the bright spots in our lives (few as they may be). Pleas forgive me if I'm being presumptuous but I would suggest that perhaps your at a time where you need a break of some kind away from it all. This usually helps me. It maybe hard to do and I don't know your specific situation but if you can get away for a short period it will reignite your perspective to keep keeping on

has flushed so many things down the toilet. A few years ago we spent over $2,000 on the plumber. Since then it's been better but last year he flushed my Mom's teeth!

-------------- Original message -------------- From: jadziab@...

I'm heartsick. I get a call today from my daughter's afterschool telling me she got off the school bus without her Cochlear Device. It was no where in her backpack and no note from the teacher. I go rushing to the school (I knew it wasn't on the bus since she finally got a 1-1 there) to search her classroom. After several calls (the autism coach, the teacher each left a voicemail) I find out that my daughter flushed it down the toilet at 1:30. It now was 5 pm. I guess the loss of a $7,800. medical equipment doesn't warrant an immediate call to the parent. Her IEP states she is to be supervised in the bathroom in three differant places. I give up. I am so angry at her autism right now. At home when I asked her about it she laughed.

I fed her dinner and we went out. Of course her PCA hadn't shown up, that's the fifth since Sept 2. I love this medicaid paying for it. None of the medicaid approved agencies have Aids that have any experience with autism. The last one would stand there and say " I can't believe she is doing that SIB" and I would think "I can't believe you are standing there watching her ( I was across the room) and not doing anything to stop her. My daughter has been manic off and on for 10 days now. Anyway I went out because I was afraid I might take my anger out on her, and she never asked for this either. Sorry to vent....

Thanks for listening,

Jayne

Mikismom

Thanks all of you for responding to my post yesterday. I feel better today, but, still sad and angry because I really like my daughters school and don't want to get into a HUGE battle with them. My kid was the naked one coming off the bus last year...so she does have issues. But, damn it, she is supposed to be supervised. So when that school didn't respond appropriately (naked again) I called Protective services. We ended up transferring my daughter to a school closer after I lawyered up. That other school wanted to put her in a Center. The new school has been great. The Principal called me when Miki transferred. The Autism Coach called me almost every of the first 10 days with ideas. They got the bus aid for her in 3 days, unlike the old school that "couldn't" for 4 months. The teacher has been getting amazing progress out of her and now this. The thing is....all my friends told me to sue last year. I didn't because my kid wasn't hurt. But I guess I just can't keep being nice. We went to the Disibilty Expo today and then Soccer, ( she was so good and it is her first time!)so we kept busy and had a day with only one minor tantrum. Hopefully she'll sleep tonight. I have the cell phone number of a school board member and will call if I don't get anywhere with the principal on Monday. They do need to buy her a new device, if I have to lawyer up again I will. I just pray for the strength.

Thanks again,

Jayne

Mikismom

-------------- Original message from jadziab@...: --------------

I'm heartsick. I get a call today from my daughter's afterschool telling me she got off the school bus without her Cochlear Device. It was no where in her backpack and no note from the teacher. I go rushing to the school (I knew it wasn't on the bus since she finally got a 1-1 there) to search her classroom. After several calls (the autism coach, the teacher each left a voicemail) I find out that my daughter flushed it down the toilet at 1:30. It now was 5 pm. I guess the loss of a $7,800. medical equipment doesn't warrant an immediate call to the parent. Her IEP states she is to be supervised in the bathroom in three differant places. I give up. I am so angry at her autism right now. At home when I asked her about it she laughed.

I fed her dinner and we went out. Of course her PCA hadn't shown up, that's the fifth since Sept 2. I love this medicaid paying for it. None of the medicaid approved agencies have Aids that have any experience with autism. The last one would stand there and say " I can't believe she is doing that SIB" and I would think "I can't believe you are standing there watching her ( I was across the room) and not doing anything to stop her. My daughter has been manic off and on for 10 days now. Anyway I went out because I was afraid I might take my anger out on her, and she never asked for this either. Sorry to vent....

Thanks for listening,

Jayne

Mikismom

Hi,

I a praying fo you. I know you will get help.Let the past be the past.Learn from what you have been through. your daughter will thank you later,

Good luck,

my little skydreams.

PS I would like to chat with you through a private email regarding some of the things you mentioned.

If you can please contact me at skydreams@... (I have a little girl who is six)

Re: Flushed down the toilet

Thanks all of you for responding to my post yesterday. I feel better today, but, still sad and angry because I really like my daughters school and don't want to get into a HUGE battle with them. My kid was the naked one coming off the bus last year...so she does have issues. But, damn it, she is supposed to be supervised. So when that school didn't respond appropriately (naked again) I called Protective services. We ended up transferring my daughter to a school closer after I lawyered up. That other school wanted to put her in a Center. The new school has been great. The Principal called me when Miki transferred. The Autism Coach called me almost every of the first 10 days with ideas. They got the bus aid for her in 3 days, unlike the old school that "couldn't" for 4 months. The teacher has been getting amazing progress out of her and now this. The thing is....all my friends

told me to sue last year. I didn't because my kid wasn't hurt. But I guess I just can't keep being nice. We went to the Disibilty Expo today and then Soccer, ( she was so good and it is her first time!)so we kept busy and had a day with only one minor tantrum. Hopefully she'll sleep tonight. I have the cell phone number of a school board member and will call if I don't get anywhere with the principal on Monday. They do need to buy her a new device, if I have to lawyer up again I will. I just pray for the strength.

Thanks again,

Jayne

Mikismom

-------------- Original message from jadziab@...: --------------

Thanks for listening,

Jayne

Mikismom