RemedySpot.com

Re: Looking for Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a little disturbed that the instructor said that. If you are paying for her to be there, you deserve the service. Do you shadow her? Sometimes our kids overwhelm people and I find that when I shadow my son, other people are more calm.

Try a social story for what is expected in the group, utilizing pictures, etc. If that is difficult or you don't know how to do it, let me know the schedule and expectations and I will write one up and send it to you.

Also, how about bringing her to the playground? I used to bring my son to the playground and just take his lead (natural environment teaching) and if he was interested in other kids, great, we would reel them in for chase, etc.. I would coach and provide him with the words to say. If he did not seem interested, I would still reel kids in to play a game of chase, etc. Chase is good when they are little, not a lot of rules.

As far as playgroups, I felt it more beneficial to start with one child, in addition to mine. Because there is a lot of coaching going on for both sides and it gets overwhelming to teach a group. Perhaps groups scare her or give her anxiety. Find one kid (older girl if possible-as they tend to be more understanding, more verbal, imaginative play skills developing, more empathetic towards younger children) she seems interested in and invite that kid over to engage in an activity your daughter already likes. Most kids will be fine with that. And, everyone benefits b/c there are many typical kids that need some help with social skills.

Looking for Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

My daughter was diagnose PDD-NOS when she was 20 months old. I have her in Speech 2x wk 1/2 sessions, 2 x week ABA in Foundations on site and one in house ABA 1x week. no Group therapies because they are at 8:00 in Morning and they gave me the choice to swith the group to individual but my problem is I cant get her to coral springs from Pompano at 8:00 in morning, waking her out of bed at 7:00, feeding her breakfast, change and bath her, and the 35 min ride to get there it doesnt work out for the group therapy during the week. I am desparately looking for activities for her to mingle with other children and learn social skills and how to play approprpriately with other children. I bring her to my gym two times a week but these kids are sitting in groups and distracted when my daughter does not want to participate in circle time. She hates it. She just want to do her own thing and has alot of fun. The instructor told me not to take our out for the first ten min and last ten min to ease other parents. This doesnt seem fair because all im trying to get her involve with children that are as closed to kids with out a diagnoses. Please help with suggestion or if anyone wants to start playgroups on weekends would be so perfect. I am fairly new to this and my brain is fogged searching internet ot find new therapies and supplement because my dan doc stinks. I need to find another. Please help. If anyone wants to call me please...

Hi,

Oh..how I feel for you. Iwas there. and still am..You are doing so awesome.However you need to follow your heart..that's why you have one!

Feel free to join our online group of supporters too. Specialmomsspecialkids we are in the yahoo groups. Not sure where you are located, but we all would be very happy to help you out. We are a group of mothers with special needs children.

e

To: sList Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:27:39 PMSubject: Looking for Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

My daughter was diagnose PDD-NOS when she was 20 months old. I have her in Speech 2x wk 1/2 sessions, 2 x week ABA in Foundations on site and one in house ABA 1x week. no Group therapies because they are at 8:00 in Morning and they gave me the choice to swith the group to individual but my problem is I cant get her to coral springs from Pompano at 8:00 in morning, waking her out of bed at 7:00, feeding her breakfast, change and bath her, and the 35 min ride to get there it doesnt work out for the group therapy during the week. I am desparately looking for activities for her to mingle with other children and learn social skills and how to play approprpriately with other children. I bring her to my gym two times a week but these kids are sitting in groups and distracted when my daughter does not want to participate in circle time. She hates it. She just want to do her own thing and has alot of fun.

The instructor told me not to take our out for the first ten min and last ten min to ease other parents. This doesnt seem fair because all im trying to get her involve with children that are as closed to kids with out a diagnoses. Please help with suggestion or if anyone wants to start playgroups on weekends would be so perfect. I am fairly new to this and my brain is fogged searching internet ot find new therapies and supplement because my dan doc stinks. I need to find another. Please help. If anyone wants to call me please...

What is PDD-NOS? Not sue of the terms. I would love to have a play group going. I am going to organize an event in Coconut Creek for a time for all disablities and Autusim for Senory day. I need 20 kids or more for this to work once a month anyone with kids with any disabilities can come and they are charging a camp fee instead of 8 dollars it will be 6. I was planning this for my son's class at complex place and place program and Would love for all the moms and kids that lives around broward area to come and palm beach as well. Its the one in Coconut Creek one. I will send out a flyer and more details to come It will start next month and we get a good turn out we will contuine this every month. My son's class moms are startying to get together every month to met

up for support group and we talked about having a play date every week at the park in Parkland if anyonwe wants to join us. Its also for the special needs kids kids with autism. If you have any questions plaese feel free to email at marcra@...Thank you,MArcie To: sList Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:26:56 AMSubject: Re: Looking for

Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

Hi,

Oh..how I feel for you. Iwas there. and still am..You are doing so awesome.However you need to follow your heart..that' s why you have one!

Feel free to join our online group of supporters too. Specialmomsspecialk ids we are in the yahoo groups. Not sure where you are located, but we all would be very happy to help you out. We are a group of mothers with special needs children.

e

From: tmm571 <tmm571yahoo (DOT) com>To: sList@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:27:39 PMSubject: Looking for Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

My daughter was diagnose PDD-NOS when she was 20 months old. I have her in Speech 2x wk 1/2 sessions, 2 x week ABA in Foundations on site and one in house ABA 1x week. no Group therapies because they are at 8:00 in Morning and they gave me the choice to swith the group to individual but my problem is I cant get her to coral springs from Pompano at 8:00 in morning, waking her out of bed at 7:00, feeding her breakfast, change and bath her, and the 35 min ride to get there it doesnt work out for the group therapy during the week. I am desparately looking for activities for her to mingle with other children and learn social skills and how to play approprpriately with other children. I bring her to my gym two times a week but these kids are sitting in groups and distracted when my daughter does not want to participate in circle time. She hates it. She just want to do her own thing and has alot of fun.

The instructor told me not to take our out for the first ten min and last ten min to ease other parents. This doesnt seem fair because all im trying to get her involve with children that are as closed to kids with out a diagnoses. Please help with suggestion or if anyone wants to start playgroups on weekends would be so perfect. I am fairly new to this and my brain is fogged searching internet ot find new therapies and supplement because my dan doc stinks. I need to find another. Please help. If anyone wants to call me please...

What is PDD-NOS? Not sue of the terms. I would love to have a play group going. I am going to organize an event in Coconut Creek for a time for all disablities and Autusim for Senory day. I need 20 kids or more for this to work once a month anyone with kids with any disabilities can come and they are charging a camp fee instead of 8 dollars it will be 6. I was planning this for my son's class at complex place and place program and Would love for all the moms and kids that lives around broward area to come and palm beach as well. Its the one in Coconut Creek one. I will send out a flyer and more details to come It will start next month and we get a good turn out we will contuine this every month. My son's class moms are startying to get together every month to met

up for support group and we talked about having a play date every week at the park in Parkland if anyonwe wants to join us. Its also for the special needs kids kids with autism. If you have any questions plaese feel free to email at marcra@...Thank you,MArcie To: sList Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:26:56 AMSubject: Re: Looking for

Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

Hi,

Oh..how I feel for you. Iwas there. and still am..You are doing so awesome.However you need to follow your heart..that' s why you have one!

Feel free to join our online group of supporters too. Specialmomsspecialk ids we are in the yahoo groups. Not sure where you are located, but we all would be very happy to help you out. We are a group of mothers with special needs children.

e

From: tmm571 <tmm571yahoo (DOT) com>To: sList@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:27:39 PMSubject: Looking for Weekend events or my PDD-NOS diagnosed daughter and am clueless

We used to take our son and a newspaper on Sunday mornings to Mcs, have breakfast (whoever could/would eat) and spend the morning! The kids come and go, so you get a lot of different ones, depending on the ages, you can let yours lose and their are no real rules. Just keep an eye on them!

Kay

My daughter was diagnose PDD-NOS when she was 20 months old. I have her in Speech 2x wk 1/2 sessions, 2 x week ABA in Foundations on site and one in house ABA 1x week. no Group therapies because they are at 8:00 in Morning and they gave me the choice to swith the group to individual but my problem is I cant get her to coral springs from Pompano at 8:00 in morning, waking her out of bed at 7:00, feeding her breakfast, change and bath her, and the 35 min ride to get there it doesnt work out for the group therapy during the week. I am desparately looking for activities for her to mingle with other children and learn social skills and how to play approprpriately with other children. I bring her to my gym two times a week but these kids are sitting in groups and distracted when my daughter does not want to participate in circle time. She hates it. She just want to do her own thing and has alot of fun. The instructor told me not to take our out for the first ten min and last ten min to ease other parents. This doesnt seem fair because all im trying to get her involve with children that are as closed to kids with out a diagnoses. Please help with suggestion or if anyone wants to start playgroups on weekends would be so perfect. I am fairly new to this and my brain is fogged searching internet ot find new therapies and supplement because my dan doc stinks. I need to find another. Please help. If anyone wants to call me please...

We used to take our son and a newspaper on Sunday mornings to Mcs, have breakfast (whoever could/would eat) and spend the morning! The kids come and go, so you get a lot of different ones, depending on the ages, you can let yours lose and their are no real rules. Just keep an eye on them!

Kay