RemedySpot.com

FW: Asperger Syndrome Read Me Intensity Chart attached

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kim Hammons wrote: Subject: Re: Here it is attached! http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/09/prweb1298284.htm Chart attached to this email.... The Asperger Syndrome Read Me Intensity Chart - For Helping Thousands Worldwide Educator Errera, creates "The Asperger Syndrome Read Me Intensity Chart" as a simple, yet revolutionary aid to effectively teach those born with this disorder; to help thousands worldwide. Miramar, Fla. (PRWEB) September 8, 2008 -- Errera, esteemed educator and holder of a Master of Science Degree in School Psychology, has created and developed a simple, yet revolutionary aid to effectively teach those born with Asperger Syndrome; to help countless thousands worldwide. Errera says that, "Children with Asperger Syndrome (it is written), must work twice as hard than others in school because not

only are they learning academics but must also consciously intellectualize and observe proper ways to respond socially." The "syndrome" that Hans Asperger studied all his life is not to be confused with "labeling". Syndrome by definition means "a group of symptoms that together are characteristic of a specific disorder, disease, or the like."Simply put, those with this "syndrome" have this lifelong disorder of not being able to "get it", meaning the signals given by others or the appropriate intensities of responses for many that would be instinctively natural to others. The individual is often wrongly considered weird, but must be realized as wired differently at birth and need assisted guidance from others at times. An analogy Errera says is that, "I am wired differently at birth by being color blind and need others to help me with colors when shopping or dressing." As a widely respected innovative educator, Errera has developed "The Asperger Syndrome Read Me Intensity

Chart" as an aid to effectively teach those born with this disorder and for others to help them gauge acceptable responses with respective reaction intensities. The chart has an infinity arrow at the top with numbers from one to ten below it, representing from low to high intensities used to gauge possible responses made by people or themselves. Below the arrow are possible words which those with Asperger Syndrome might have trouble "getting" or perceiving correctly. Additional words can be added as appropriate to the individual, ranging from: anger, happiness, sadness, embarrassment and friendliness. When either the one with this disorder needs guidance, help, or advice, or it be the one wanting to offer it, a silent signal of three fingers are raised by either individual. A visual comparison of the inappropriate response's intensity and the normally acceptable response is then pointed out on the chart. This is a learning experience for improvement in

socialization and through situational repetition has been quite effective. For example and to illustrate its usage, when a fourth grade Asperger Syndrome student let's call , threw his container of juice in anger on the floor because he couldn't find his reading book in his desk fast enough to begin reading with other classmates, three fingers were raised by me, his teacher. I pointed to the chart which I previously scotch tapped on his desk (there are others also stapled on the walls near literacy centers will be at times). I said to , "Look at number 4 (which says "Anger")." I told him he has every right to feel anger for not finding his book fast enough, but the "intensity" of his angry response was about a 7 on the chart when it should have been perhaps a number 1 or 2 in intensity. In other words, the appropriate response was to be slightly annoyed (at around the number 1 level) and not violently angry (at the 7 level). He understood,

apologized, picked up the thrown container of juice and assimilated nicely in our reading lesson. The apparent success with this chart has been quite beneficial to parents and caregivers as educators as well. Feedback and chart requests are welcomed and can be sent to Errera at rerrera @ somersetmiramar.com. ### Kim HammonsIPUT Informed Parents United TogetherTampa, Floridawww.iput.orgwww.yahoogroups.com Keyword:

"IPUT"