RemedySpot.com

Re: and Nina Dripped Yogurt = Fewer Cultures?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Nina and ,Elaine says,There is a sugar in yogurt (galactose) which is a monosaccharide and is legal.  However, if a person/child is not healthy, the liver may not be able to change it to the useable sugar, glucose. I think with children with gut problems and autism, 2 cups of undripped would be sufficient.  I really do not know how much galactose still remains in dripped yogurt. Galactose will adhere to the casein of the DRIPPED but I have no idea how much so I think 2 cups of undripped per day for children is enough.  Even for adults, one should not top, at the very most  2-3 cups.   With proper digestion and absorption (which we all aim for) we are feeding OUR CELLS the properly broken down lactose (glucose and galactose). Furthermore, when someone is doing well and is recovering, it is a good indication that the liver has recovered (we know this because certain patients in the past were told they needed a liver transplant but when SCD™kicked in and they recovered, they no longer needed the transplant).  Generally speaking, occasionally, having twice the amount sounds harmless to me.  It is only at the beginning of the diet when people are really messed up that I would worry about them exceeding two cups (dripped or undripped - don't know how much galactose adheres to the casein of the dripped) for children and, possibly, 3 cups for adults.Hi Folks,Quick question: I'm one of those who tolerates yogurt MUCH better when most of the liquidy/watery stuff has been eliminated (I pour off the liquidy and then drip if necessary.)Am I losing most of the good cultures by dripping? Does the remaining, less tart, solid have much of the good cultures?Carol F.Celiac, SCD 8 years,MCS, Latex Allergyhttp://www.celiac.com/authors/143/Carol-Frileghhttp://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/gfcf-diet/sc-diet.htm