RemedySpot.com

almond butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i know i asked this question before or some variation of it!

how do i make almond butter out of almond flour?

how do i make almond milk out of almond flour?

(i buy it at lucy's.. my hubby is digging the diet so i want to make

him things.. i sure as heck ain't touching almond milk for a while)

also, homemade pecan butter.. would i make that out of pecan flour as

well? i am thinking of trying this for myself although i am scared of

the specs from the skins as the store bought almond butter made me

sick and i think it is from that. cashew butter in small amounts

doesn't bother me too much but peanut butter is a disaster maybe

because it's a legume?

jodi

Guest guest

i know i asked this question before or some variation of it!how do i make almond butter out of almond flour?cuisinart, if you have one. how do i make almond milk out of almond flour?Almond Milkhttp://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/bever01.htmlAlmond milk is an ingredient common in Medieval European recipes, particularly in Lenten dishes (milk, eggs, and meat broth all being forbidden in Lent). The recipe below is a basic one. For some recipes we make a thicker almond milk with more almond relative to the amount of water; other recipes say "draw up a good milk of almonds with broth (or wine)", in which case the broth or wine is substituted for the water in making the almond milk.To make almond milk: Take 1/4 cup (1 3/4 oz) blanched slivered almonds.Put them in a food processor, run it briefly. Add a little water, run it longer. Continue adding water and running the processor until you have a milky liquid. Strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Put the residue back in the food processor, add a little more water, and repeat. Continue until the residue produces almost no more milk. Throw out the residue. This should give you about 1 cup of almond milk.(i buy it at lucy's.. my hubby is digging the diet so i want to makehim things.. i sure as heck ain't touching almond milk for a while)also, homemade pecan butter.. cuisinart from whole pecans. would i make that out of pecan flour aswell? i am thinking of trying this for myself although i am scared ofthe specs from the skins as the store bought almond butter made mesick and i think it is from that. try this one, from israel, it has no skins but is more pricey, kind of likea tehina made from almonds:http://www.digestivewellness.com/itempage-1210-24-14-1677.htmlcashew butter in small amountsdoesn't bother me too much but peanut butter is a disaster maybebecause it's a legume?So is cashew.wait a while - I had the same experience, It gets easier, but I had noproblem with cashew butter. Mara