RemedySpot.com

ICDL newsletter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

icdl.com | Stay Connected | Join | Donate Now

**ICDL PUBLICATIONS**

Featured Publications:

Exploring First Feelings DVD Floortime Training Series The Affect-Based Language Curriculum Children & Babies With Mood Swings Journal of Developmental Proccesses GLIMPSE

In Other Languages:

El Niño con Necesidades Especiales: Estimulando el Crecimiento Intelectual y Emocional

Stanley I Greenspan, M.D. & Serena Wieder, Ph.D. con Robin SimonsUn enfoque integral para abordar desafíos del desarrollo, incluyendo autismo, trastorno generalizados del desarrollo, problemas del habla y del lenguaje, síndrome de Down, parálisis cerebral, déficit de atención, y otros trastornos asociados.

ICDL Members $40.00Non-Members $45.00

Asista al seminario en español que presentarán las Dras. Cecilia Breinbauer y Milagros Cordero durante la conferencia anual de ICDL

Quick Links

My.ICDL Portal JDP ICDL Catalog Recommended Books Online Bookstore

Upcoming Events

ICDL 12th Annual Conference

Autism and Disoders of Relating and Communicating

Nov. 7, 8, 9, 2008

(Pre-conference workshops on Nov 6th)

Hilton McLean, Tysons Corner, Virginia (Washington, DC metro area)

Featuring Stanley Greenspan, MD, Serena Wieder, Ph.D, Ricki , MD, and a group of distinguished faculty.

Conference materials available at My.ICDL Portal

My.ICDL Portal

You will notice a new feature on the ICDL website home page; a place to log into the My.ICDL portal. The My.ICDL Portal serves as your gateway to information from ICDL . Once you log in you will be able to register for the annual conference and access the handouts and other conference materials that will be posted there. If you would like to become a member, you will find a membership form in the portal and if you are already a member, you will find exciting new audio and video files that are available to members only.

Click here to enter My.ICDL Portal

Exploring First Feelings DVD

The Exploring First Feelings DVD explores the first 6 developmental Stages described by Dr. Stanley Greenspan, and teaches viewers how to encourage emotional growth.This video enables professionals, caregiver and parents to help infants to develop healthy relationships with others by recognizing the infant's first feelings and responding to the baby's lead.

Member & Non-Members: $25.00

Learn More about the 6 Stages of Development at the ICDL Annual Conference with Dr. Stanley Greenspan

Floortime DVD Training Series

Meant to supplement the child's work with professionals, the Floortime DVD Training Series shows parents how to use the Floortime approach to help their child relate and communicate. The series was developed by acclaimed child development experts Stanley I. Greenspan MD and Serena Wieder, PhD, creators of the DIR® approach for children with autism and other special needs. The method, known more familiarly as Floortime, encourages parents to get down on the floor with their child, following his lead and natural interests in play, entering his world to help him connect with others.The Floortime DVD Training series, presented by the Floortime Foundation on behalf of the Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders (ICDL), is available in three DVD sets, each at $79.95. Choose from multiple sessions about the DIR/Floortime Model at the ICDL Annual Conference

The Affect-Based Language Curriculum

The Affected-Based Language Curriculum, An Intensive Program for Families, Therapists and Teachers. 2nd Edition By Stanley Greenspan, M.D. and Diane , M.A., CCC/SLP. An innovative approach to the development of language that integrates the affect based model of human development, developed by Stanley I. Greenspan, M.D. (e.g. the Floortime Model), with the development of receptive and expressive language, imitation, pragmatics, and engagement. The curriculum incorporates the principles of Systematic Instruction and Applied Floortime as the primary teaching strategies. It also includes supplemental oral motor and augmentative communication techniques that support the development of language. The new, Second Edition, includes updated and revised chapters as well as new sections on ABLC in the Classroom, Support Groups, and Foundation Activities with Expanded Elicitations for every skill from the checklists. The Second Edition also includes a CD with all Checklists, Tracking Forms, Systematic Instruction Skills and Applied Floortime Activities in Microsoft Word format for easy application.

Book & CD ICDL Members $47.50Non-Members $52.50Hear Diane discuss the ABLC at the ICDL Annual Conference

Children and Babies With Mood Swings

Children and Babies with Mood Swings: New Insights for Parents and Professionals By Stanley I. Greenspan, MD, Ira Glovinsky, PhD, Glovinsky, MSWAddressing the challenges of living with a child whose moods are extreme and unpredictable, this book transcends traditional tendencies and diagnoses by discussing mood swings in terms of how they develop, instead of presenting the reader with the usual list of symptoms and treatments. The complex interplay between children's emotional states and the various developmental milestones that lie along the pathway to adulthood are described, offering hope to parents by giving them a whole new way of looking at an old problem that paradoxically seems to be increasing in modern times.

ICDL Members $20.50Non-Members $24.95Ira Glovinsky will speak about the earliest symptoms of mood disorders at the ICDL Annual Conference

Journal of Developmental Processes

The new Journal of Developmental Processes (JDP) focuses on the complex and dynamic biological, social, and cultural aspects of developmental systems in humans and other animals. The JDP spring 2008 edition is compiled of several research articles, editorials and book written by reowned authors and infant mental health experts including Ira Glovinsky, Stuart Shanker and Sima Gerber. The following are few of the exciting featured pieces:

In Search of the Pathways that Lead to Mentally Healthy Children by Stuart G. Shanker

Dynamic Systems Theory and the Promotion of Children’s Mental Health by S. Lunkenheimer

Bipolar Children: Cutting-Edge Controversy, Insights, and Research by Ira Glovinsky

**Available Online at no charge**

GLIMPSE

GLIMPSE is a new publication from ICDL that showcases the unique perspective contained in the writings and artwork of individuals with a history of autism and other developmental disabilities. This publications includes poetry, essays, reflections, short stories, photography, and two-dimensional artwork on any subject, so that we may gain a GLIMPSE into the rich inner lives of these individuals. We are seeking work from individuals of all ages.

A hardcopy edition of GLIMPSE will be available at the ICDL Annual Conference. Note cards featuring selective pieces from Glimpse will also be available for purchase.

**Available online at no charge**

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!