> problems and back problems, the pain of which I think is prolonging

> the healing process because of the stress on my body. And I'm

having

> trouble eating enough because I really don't like the chicken soup I

> made. It is gross! But it definitely doesn't have enough salt in

it,

> and I only used zucchini and onion to flavor it, no other

vegetables.

> So maybe thats my problem. And now my iron level is very low (7).

> Does anyone know of a stomach-sensitive way i can get more iron?

Thank

> you for your advice!

>

> Sheryl

> 3 years UC

> 3 days scd

>

Guest guest

For me, the addition of broiled or boiled meats was easy for my gut to handle. I had to stay mostly intro for the first 3-4 weeks on the diet. Are you taking the onions out of your soup? During the intro phase it is supposed to be carrots, onions and celery. Pick the onions and celery out and puree the carrots back into the soup. I loved my chicken soup, but I added lots of salt and pepper and eventualy chili powder to liven it up. I used only dark meat chicken to give it a richer flavor. Onions were really hard on my gut and I only started tolerating them about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Misty Kimble LA CDSCD - Jan 5 08"nicole.prieur" wrote: You poor thing! I've read from Eileen's book that nothing replaces iron like meat does. If you eat liver at least once a week, and incorporate meat (especially red) to your regular diet, that should really help. I've been on the SCdiet for 4 days also but I stuck to the menu religiously. I'm noticing some small positive changes. I hope you feel better soon.Good luck,New to SCD>> I am new to scd, and I've been strictly on the intro diet for 3 days> now, though I have technically been on scd for a little longer. nuts> are hard to resist! but I am now and I am

having problems with stomach> pain. I often feel like I am going to throw up at night, and have had> some minor dry heaves. I also have been going through unrelated skin> problems and back problems, the pain of which I think is prolonging> the healing process because of the stress on my body. And I'm having> trouble eating enough because I really don't like the chicken soup I> made. It is gross! But it definitely doesn't have enough salt in it,> and I only used zucchini and onion to flavor it, no other vegetables.> So maybe thats my problem. And now my iron level is very low (7). > Does anyone know of a stomach-sensitive way i can get more iron? Thank> you for your advice!> > Sheryl> 3 years UC> 3 days scd> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

yes, to me just from reading your posting, it sounds as if you are not eating enough or getting enough calories. That could be why you are feeling nausous at night, or if you take any meds and don't have enough food in you. Like someone else posted, enough of the chicken soup then and move on, if your diareah isn't getting worse as you move on. Try beef soup, or maybe even eggplant soup. I hope you aren't eating nuts. You can use salt and pepper in your soup. Start adding red meat. and I always eat sautee'd spinich at every meal. I think this is a wonder food. Full of great vitamins. It is really gentle cooked. THis should help with iron. I hear your pain on back troubles!!! I blame carrying my heavy kids! Good luck, there are some really great people on this site. That can

give some awesome info. Hang in there. I think it really helps. You taking meds? sandy scd 4 months uc since 2004 gr82bgodsgrl wrote: I am new to scd, and I've been strictly on the intro diet for 3 daysnow, though I have technically been on scd for a little longer. nutsare hard to resist! but I am now and I am having problems with stomachpain. I often feel like I am

going to throw up at night, and have hadsome minor dry heaves. I also have been going through unrelated skinproblems and back problems, the pain of which I think is prolongingthe healing process because of the stress on my body. And I'm havingtrouble eating enough because I really don't like the chicken soup Imade. It is gross! But it definitely doesn't have enough salt in it,and I only used zucchini and onion to flavor it, no other vegetables.So maybe thats my problem. And now my iron level is very low (7). Does anyone know of a stomach-sensitive way i can get more iron? Thankyou for your advice!Sheryl3 years UC3 days scd __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks you guys for the advice so far! i am so greatful for this group!

Sheryl

UC 3 yrs

SCD 3 days

> I am new to scd, and I've been strictly on the intro diet

for 3 days

> now, though I have technically been on scd for a little longer. nuts

> are hard to resist! but I am now and I am having problems with stomach

> pain. I often feel like I am going to throw up at night, and have had

> some minor dry heaves. I also have been going through unrelated skin

> problems and back problems, the pain of which I think is prolonging

> the healing process because of the stress on my body. And I'm having

> trouble eating enough because I really don't like the chicken soup I

> made. It is gross! But it definitely doesn't have enough salt in it,

> and I only used zucchini and onion to flavor it, no other vegetables.

> So maybe thats my problem. And now my iron level is very low (7).

> Does anyone know of a stomach-sensitive way i can get more iron? Thank

> you for your advice!

>

> Sheryl

> 3 years UC

> 3 days scd

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi Sheryl,

Some food ideas for low iron: (Orange juice at the same time as iron rich foods boosts iron absorption, other sources of vitamin C are also helpful but OJ seems to work best.)

SpinachLiverOther organ meats Some people find iron chelates helpful and don't bother the gut:Here are some:Carlson Laboratories Chelated Iron: http://www.carlsonlabs.com/product_detail.phtml?prodid=00154http://www.solgar.co.uk/modules/catbuild/files/ChelatedIron100TabletsE680.htm http://www.solgar.co.uk/modules/catbuild/files/GentleIron180VegicapsE1250.htm

Some people get iron shots but I've been told that they are painful.

Sheila, SCD Feb.2001, UC 23yrs, PCOD 22yrs

advice on intro diet?

I am new to scd, and I've been strictly on the intro diet for 3 daysnow, though I have technically been on scd for a little longer. nutsare hard to resist! but I am now and I am having problems with stomachpain. I often feel like I am going to throw up at night, and have hadsome minor dry heaves. I also have been going through unrelated skinproblems and back problems, the pain of which I think is prolongingthe healing process because of the stress on my body. And I'm havingtrouble eating enough because I really don't like the chicken soup Imade. It is gross! But it definitely doesn't have enough salt in it,and I only used zucchini and onion to flavor it, no other vegetables.So maybe thats my problem. And now my iron level is very low (7). Does anyone know of a stomach-sensitive way i can get more iron? Thankyou for your advice!Sheryl3 years UC3 days

scd