RemedySpot.com

Re: autism service dog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A dog's Best Friend in Plantation is great but it costs a lot of money to train a service dog. Always

Ana Brushingham

To: sList Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:29:53 PMSubject: autism service dog

I am looking for someone to help find and train an autism service dog for my daughter. If anyone knows of anyone in the area, I would appreciate it.Thanks

A dog's Best Friend in Plantation is great but it costs a lot of money to train a service dog. Always

Ana Brushingham

To: sList Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:29:53 PMSubject: autism service dog

I am looking for someone to help find and train an autism service dog for my daughter. If anyone knows of anyone in the area, I would appreciate it.Thanks

It does not cost a lot of money for a family to train a service dog and there is no reason for a family to pay $1000s (sometimes $20,000) for a service dog. Please check out Canine Companions for Independence which provides fully trained service dogs for special needs children. There is almost no cost for the dog (basically supplies to bring home) and the dog has over a year of training, is health checked and they will help with vet bills if needed. Or if you feel that you can train on your own with assistance, check out North Star Dogs and their book Golden Bridges.

Please be very careful where you receive a service dog from and do your research. There are business out there taking advantage of parents with children with autism. They are providing dogs with very little training and unknown temperament. Parents have received dogs that don't like children, can't even heal on a leash, chase animals, bark, are aggressive and have one that I know of has even bit and scratched the children.

Ana Brushingham

To: sList

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:29:53 PMSubject: autism service dog