RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: autism movie online Refrigerator Mothers- Mothers dealing with Autism in the 1950s

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for sending this movie. My uncle was severely autistic and my grandmother was a refrigerator mother. Till the day she died she blamed herself for my uncle being autistic because of the mind set back then.

Refrigerator Mothers- Mothers dealing with Autism in the 1950s> > > Refrigerator Mothers delves into the lives of mothers with autistic children> in the 1950s and 1960s held responsible for their children's conditions> through professionally promoted "mother blame." Through first-hand> interviews and home videos, director E. Simpson takes an intimate look> at the difficult and dehumanizing struggle of mothers caring for children> with autism at the time.> > Looking back at a generation of mothers who dealt with the everyday> struggles of raising a special needs child while living under the scrutiny> of a society who viewed them responsible, REFRIGERATOR MOTHERS is an> important film that can be shared with your audience.> > It is available to snag NOW as a film widget that can be embedded directly> onto your site. > > http://www.snagfilm s.com/films/ title/refrigerat or_mothers/> > We hope that by sharing this film on your site, it will continue to raise> awareness and illuminate the history of autism through families who have> lived with and through it. > > Please let me know if you are able to embed the film and/or have any> difficulties doing so.> > Many thanks,> > Carolyn> > SnagFilms>