RemedySpot.com

RE: How do I get Medicaid?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI,

I have been learning all new info about this..

Yes, it is income based. If you are at a lower income bracket you can apply for medicaid.If you are above it you will most likely be denied. However, when you get the medwaiver you have to apply for medicaid. After approval of Medwaiver you you will get medicaid. Make sure you have a good support coordinatior to help you through the medicaid process, there are a few different ways to apply. If you do not apply with th correct codes Medicaid will look at your application as a regular application, and you will still be denined! (this is whay happened to me...and it tooks weeks to straighten out.) The "waiver" means that they do not look at your income level.(do not let anyone tell you otherwise!)

If you are applying for medicaid for your child and have a lower income level, you still need to make sure that your child does not have any monies totaling over 2,000 in any way shape or form, savings, bonds etc. This is another way that you will be denied. The Medwaiver is in most cases for behavial therapy and also some things that medicad does not pay for , including , but not limited to diapers, wipes etc. it will depend on your needs, and of now the tier that will be given to you.

One more tip..if you are already on the wait list, call every now and then. they do get in small grants in and you never know if you do not ask!

Hope this helps

e

To: sList Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 6:44:53 PMSubject: How do I get Medicaid?

Recently someone asked about the Medwaiver.

I have been on the Medwaiver list since 2003, my question is how do I apply for Medicaid. Is that income based?

HI,

I have been learning all new info about this..

Yes, it is income based. If you are at a lower income bracket you can apply for medicaid.If you are above it you will most likely be denied. However, when you get the medwaiver you have to apply for medicaid. After approval of Medwaiver you you will get medicaid. Make sure you have a good support coordinatior to help you through the medicaid process, there are a few different ways to apply. If you do not apply with th correct codes Medicaid will look at your application as a regular application, and you will still be denined! (this is whay happened to me...and it tooks weeks to straighten out.) The "waiver" means that they do not look at your income level.(do not let anyone tell you otherwise!)

If you are applying for medicaid for your child and have a lower income level, you still need to make sure that your child does not have any monies totaling over 2,000 in any way shape or form, savings, bonds etc. This is another way that you will be denied. The Medwaiver is in most cases for behavial therapy and also some things that medicad does not pay for , including , but not limited to diapers, wipes etc. it will depend on your needs, and of now the tier that will be given to you.

One more tip..if you are already on the wait list, call every now and then. they do get in small grants in and you never know if you do not ask!

Hope this helps

e

To: sList Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 6:44:53 PMSubject: How do I get Medicaid?

I have been on the Medwaiver list since 2003, my question is how do I apply for Medicaid. Is that income based?

yes

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/medicaid.shtml

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of A PSent: Monday, November 17, 2008 6:45 PMTo: sList Subject: How do I get Medicaid?

______________________________________________________________________This email has been scanned by the Broward Health Email Security System.______________________________________________________________________

- ----------------------------------------------

Broward Health