RemedySpot.com

Fw: Lake Wales Autism Boot Camp information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Note: forwarded message attached.

Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:18 PM

To: vivofamjuno ; ajgtampaaol ; kweinhealth (DOT) usf.edu ; tbt_oline ; jen_pearsonearthlink (DOT) net ; lkroeger007msn ; judith.mcneildhl ; tanya.easterlingbcbsfl ; preiersenut (DOT) edu ; jeducottonaol ; smoran6 ; kimmiefinesells ; theresa.kauppsdhc (DOT) k12.fl.us ; cseeger1tampabay (DOT) rr.com ; memarrsaol ; tailscfaol ; ginahammonsiput (DOT) org ; hmdibkey

Cc: danielradcliffeverizon (DOT) net ; mvivinotampabay (DOT) rr.com ; myk7819msn ; dmwebshotmail ; dal96@... ; gissel25msn ; bobmcconnellsweb ; tbuttsmail (DOT) usf.edu ; lisa.peraltalennar ; celia_velasquezhotmail

Subject: Autism Boot Camp information

What is the Autism Boot Camp? It is the first-ever conference for the entire family (parents and diagnosed children) combined. It is a signature grassroots event, family conference and autism community resource fair that heightens public awareness and raises money towards future autism awareness community events. It is a family-focused event that provides parents an opportunity to participate in educational workshops and seminars while their children with autism are engaged in child-friendly activities. This opportunity is available to 100 families on a first come first serve basis to partake in the Autism Boot Camp on January 24 – 25, 2009 at the Florida Lions Camp in Lake Wales, Florida.

In order for this conference to become a success and affordable to families with autism, we are planning various fundraisers and exclusive autism family experiences in the upcoming months with local businesses and restaurants. To learn more about these fundraisers or to obtain more information please go to The Florida Lions Camp website at www.lionscampfl.org under the tab 'Upcoming Events - Autism Boot Camp.

I have attached a pdf flyer about Autism Boot Camp, the registration form for families, list of upcoming events in the area.

The more details you list on the registration form will enable us to tailor make the conference to your needs. If you have any topics, resources or areas of interest that you would like to learn more information about please contact me so that we can reflect your interests during the conference. I have also attached the document we are sending out to potential volunteers. If you know a student, friend or family member that would like to volunteer for the weekend.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please call my cell or email me at bethautismspeakshotmail.

“Autism Boot Camp: Bridging the gap for families with autism!” -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The registration fee of $40/adult and $20/child is for the weekend! The cost for accomodations is in addition to the registration fees. To assist families with the cost of registration, CARD offers a scholarship. In order to benefit from this opportunity the family must be registered with CARD in advance. It only covers registration not accomodations. Here is the link for the funding that families could apply for to help with the registration costs of the Boot Camp.

Kalesia Family Development Project (This link will take you to the funding application)Due to the generosity of the Kalesia Tea Lounge and the Kalesia Family Development Project, CARD-USF has funding opportunities available for constituent families to attend workshops or conferences if finances would prevent you from attending. You may download the application by clicking on the link above, or call the CARD-USF office at to request an application. Funds are limited and are distributed annually on a first come, first served basis

The accomodation expense is in addition to registration cost. You can contact The Florida Lions Camp at for specific lodging questions. If you go to The Florida Lions Camp website www..lionscampfl.org you can see pictures of the camp and more details about each accomodation option on camp property. The other option for accomodations is The Hampton Inn in Lake Wales. It is a separate cost from the registration. It is 20 miles from the camp. You pay the Hampton Inn directly $99/night. There are rooms already blocked off listed under 'Autism Boot Camp' I have attached the updated registration form for you to fill out. The form on The Florida Lions Camp website has not been updated yet. Please read over the form carefully. The more details you list on the form will enable us to tailor make the conference to your needs. If you have any topics, resources or areas of interest that you would like to learn more information about please contact me so that we can reflect your interests during the conference. The camp is open to ALL families in Florida. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! Beth Sparr 3021 Buckeye Pointe Drive Winter Haven, FL 33881 -5915 home cellbethautismspeakshotmail Autism Speaks Volunteer www.autismspeaks.orgOrlando Co-School Involvement Chair www.walknowforautism.org/orlandoTampa Bay Family Services Community Liaison and Walk Resource Fair Chair www.walknowforautism.org/tampa Co-Founder of 'Autism Boot Camp' on January 24-25, 2009 autismbootcamphotmail

To: autismbootcamphotmailSubject: Information requested Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:57:12 -0400From: pricanstina84aolTo whom it may concern: I was wanting more information on the Autism Bootcamp and if there was any more availability. I've tried contacting a few people but have yet to get a response back. Thanks! Irelan

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how

Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now

Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now