RemedySpot.com

Broward: DIVINE ACADEMY - School for Special Needs Kids of Middle School Agel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My name is Shashaty and I wanted to let anyone who may have a special needs child of middle school age to please read my story...I have a son with mild cerebral palsy. He is 13 years old and for all of his elementary school years I was searching for a school that

met his needs. He wasn't severe enough for the public school system programs, but mainstream classes were not an option either...as a result, during all those tender years, my son fell through the proverbial "cracks" in the school systems, both public and regular private schools.

Once my son was of the age to start middle school, I was sooo frustrated that I even considered home schooling him and just removing him from the "regular" education system all together. Since my son requires several different types of therapies, at one of the centers he attended for tutoring to learn how to read, one of the administrators told me about a private school that specialized in teaching "special needs" children of middle school age. I scheduled an appointment, met with the founder of the school by the name of Ingrid and had him evaluated. After a couple of days he was accepted. I was so excited because I felt I had finally found the place where my son, would flourish.

Today, two years later, has flourished into an AMAZING child. When he started DIVINE ACADEMY, he was not social, was very immature and was barely able to read. Now, he participates in music, drama and loves to read, not to mention so many other wonderful abilities that this special school has been able to draw out of my son. This school helps teach special needs children functional academics, vocational training and life skill programs.

Divine Academy has been a blessing in our lives and I know that because of the love and dedication of the owners and staff of the school, our children's future is going to be bright. As for my son, I see great things for his future as well, even attending college.

If you are interested in more information about Divine Academy, please feel free to contact them at or e-mail them at igarcia@...

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to respond to my e-mail.

Thank you,

Shashaty