RemedySpot.com

Need help to choose the insurance plan to cover therapies-Broward, Florida

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone!After months of waiting to have the Insurance Plan changed for myson, 4 y.o., within Healthy Kids-Medikids-Florida KidCare Program(from United Health Care to Pediatric Associates Insurance Plan, thatI was told they cover therapies for kids in the spectrum), I finallygot a letter from Florida Kidcare that is listing other plans, but noPediatric Associates:Preferred Medical Plan IncTotal Health ChoiceStaywell BrowardHealthEase BrowardFreedom Health BrowardHumana FamilyUniversal Health Care, Inc BrowardAccess Health Solutions-BrowardSo FL Comm Care/NBHDSo FL Comm Care/MHSFlorida NetPassDoes any parent had any sort of experience, good or bad, with any ofthose health plans? Is it anyone

covering ST, OT, PT ? Do they haveany preset number of sessions, like United Health Care did, 4 for PTand 8 for OT, then to follow up with a home program to be implementedby parents?Any input will be greatly appreciated...since it will end, possibly,our months of pain regarding our son's insurance or rather, lack ofinsurance.Thank you for all your help!a

Hi a,

About over a year ago I had United Healthcare through Kidcare and ran into problems myself when my son needed OT, ST etc... because they didn't provide long term care. I think he was only alloted 60 visits per year or somenthing. I had heard from several parents, advocates and other professionals that if your child has disabilities and requires long term care to use CMS (children's medical services). You can get CMS through kidcare. I have since switched over and am quite happy with the fact that he has long term OT, ST, and they do provide PT as well. My only road block right now is with getting behavior therapy for my son. I was going to apply in addition for Medwaiver but being that my son has an Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis and not an Autism diagnosis he doesn't qualifiy. Not sure if anyone has crossed this road and may have any suggestions on any other type of funding available. As for Pediatric Associates Insurance. I haven't heard of them. My sons primary doctor is from Pediatric Associates the practice and with CMS he is still able to use them.

Hope this helps a little with your decision. I know how you feel. I was right there a year ago.

regards,

Lissette

Hello everyone!After months of waiting to have the Insurance Plan changed for myson, 4 y.o., within Healthy Kids-Medikids-Florida KidCare Program(from United Health Care to Pediatric Associates Insurance Plan, that

I was told they cover therapies for kids in the spectrum), I finallygot a letter from Florida Kidcare that is listing other plans, but noPediatric Associates:Preferred Medical Plan IncTotal Health Choice

Staywell BrowardHealthEase BrowardFreedom Health BrowardHumana FamilyUniversal Health Care, Inc BrowardAccess Health Solutions-BrowardSo FL Comm Care/NBHDSo FL Comm Care/MHSFlorida NetPass

Does any parent had any sort of experience, good or bad, with any ofthose health plans? Is it anyone covering ST, OT, PT ? Do they haveany preset number of sessions, like United Health Care did, 4 for PTand 8 for OT, then to follow up with a home program to be implemented

by parents?Any input will be greatly appreciated...since it will end, possibly,our months of pain regarding our son's insurance or rather, lack ofinsurance.Thank you for all your help!a

a,

I switched my son to Childrens Medical Services (CMS) through medicaid, and all his therapy ST & OT is fully covered. Try switching to them, Good Luck hope this helps.

To: sList Cc: autism_insurance_information Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 11:04:37 AMSubject: Need help to choose the insurance plan to cover therapies-Broward, Florida

Hello everyone!After months of waiting to have the Insurance Plan changed for myson, 4 y.o., within Healthy Kids-Medikids- Florida KidCare Program(from United Health Care to Pediatric Associates Insurance Plan, thatI was told they cover therapies for kids in the spectrum), I finallygot a letter from Florida Kidcare that is listing other plans, but noPediatric Associates:Preferred Medical Plan IncTotal Health ChoiceStaywell BrowardHealthEase BrowardFreedom Health BrowardHumana FamilyUniversal Health Care, Inc BrowardAccess Health Solutions-BrowardSo FL Comm Care/NBHDSo FL Comm Care/MHSFlorida NetPassDoes any parent had any sort of experience, good or bad, with any ofthose health plans? Is it anyone covering ST, OT, PT ? Do they haveany preset number of sessions, like United Health Care did, 4 for PTand 8 for OT, then to follow up with a home program to be

implementedby parents?Any input will be greatly appreciated. ..since it will end, possibly,our months of pain regarding our son's insurance or rather, lack ofinsurance.Thank you for all your help!a

a,

I switched my son to Childrens Medical Services (CMS) through medicaid, and all his therapy ST & OT is fully covered. Try switching to them, Good Luck hope this helps.

To: sList Cc: autism_insurance_information Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 11:04:37 AMSubject: Need help to choose the insurance plan to cover therapies-Broward, Florida

Hello everyone!After months of waiting to have the Insurance Plan changed for myson, 4 y.o., within Healthy Kids-Medikids- Florida KidCare Program(from United Health Care to Pediatric Associates Insurance Plan, thatI was told they cover therapies for kids in the spectrum), I finallygot a letter from Florida Kidcare that is listing other plans, but noPediatric Associates:Preferred Medical Plan IncTotal Health ChoiceStaywell BrowardHealthEase BrowardFreedom Health BrowardHumana FamilyUniversal Health Care, Inc BrowardAccess Health Solutions-BrowardSo FL Comm Care/NBHDSo FL Comm Care/MHSFlorida NetPassDoes any parent had any sort of experience, good or bad, with any ofthose health plans? Is it anyone covering ST, OT, PT ? Do they haveany preset number of sessions, like United Health Care did, 4 for PTand 8 for OT, then to follow up with a home program to be

implementedby parents?Any input will be greatly appreciated. ..since it will end, possibly,our months of pain regarding our son's insurance or rather, lack ofinsurance.Thank you for all your help!a