RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: need parent advocate in Broward

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, she is OK. Google her and you'll get all the info you need :)

What is the problem this time?

Lizzie

To: deniseslist Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:12:34 PMSubject: RE: Re: need parent advocate in Broward

Hi,have any of you used Melody Zamir as a parent advocate? need her phone no.I am looking for a private parent advocate for a close friend, any suggestions?

To: sList@ yahoogroups. comFrom: austintandt@ bellsouth. netDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:41:24 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Schools in broward I need some information

The STAR program is also a teaching tool. It is a good program for young and/or naive learners as it starts with very early functional skills like matching, counting, etc. They are prerequisite skills, in some cases, for future skills to be learned. The teachers are taught to use discrete trials to initially teach the skill, then to move to natural environment methods. It's a good starting program and keeps teachers who use the program on a schedule and focused on some functional goals and skills. It is important to note these skills and goals are separate from the IEP in many cases. Not every child has these goals listed on their IEP's and shouldn't b/c it would then limit the child to pre-fab goals as opposed to individualized goals for that child.

In my experience, the best programs for parents to unite and push for would be the VB-MAPP. Check it out online. It's the newer and more functional version of the ABLLS, which utilizes verbal behavior. The VB-MAPP incorporates early childhood milestones and helps with IEP planning and goals. Great program for our young/naive learners!

Re: Schools in broward I need some information

Ida-My husband was acting weird and wanted me to post that email. After I posted the email and then explained to him the way things are run for Tyler and showed him that private schools do not have to follow any of the guidlines for Broward County or the state for education he was fine, but of course I can not delete the post so Im the one getting embarassed, not him. MEN! I am learning about the Star program and didnt know they did it at Baudwin.> >> > I am really uncomfortable with my son being in a cluster at a public > > school. He is in Kindergarden now and they work on the STAR program. > > Does anyone know what that is? The way his teacher explained how they > > do things at his school is that even though he will go through the > > grades, because noone fails in the cluster, he will be way far behind > > from other kids. Can anyone tell me some great schools in Broward > > County that will give my son an education as well as help my son with > > his needs?>

>>

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.